Register now to get rid of these ads!

I think I had a thread pulled twice, but no notification?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by MrCreosote, Dec 28, 2018.

1. squirrel

squirrel

On the CAD thread, notice that no one offered up any CAD models of the part, instead, we suggested he do some design work himself.

On the turbo stude subject, how about you approach it the old fashioned way, and show us how it's done, without computer models, efi, etc. I bet if you're careful, the thread would not only stick around, but would get lots of interest.

Hnstray likes this.
  2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Exactly! Have done this several times over the years, once upon a time laying out a dealership site plan and building floor plan. Most recently when planning a major renovation of my shop. Did accurately scaled drawings of the floor pan and equally accurate scaled 'cutouts' of equipment (1/2" = 1'). Easy to move the cutouts and measure free space/clearances from walls and adjoining equipment by measuring from key reference points. Worked great. A tape measure, framing square, ruler, paper, manila folders and scissors, magic marker/pen.

3. Thats because someone is always trying to push the boundaries.

Just like this.....evidently some people just want to stir the pot and cause problems.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

That is the foundation of all human achievement..... and most certainly hot rodding....wouldn't you agree? And yet, we are all supposed to fall in line like obedient school children......seems those elements are diametrically opposed....which would explain the occasional divergences that have a (imo) disproportionate affect on some members. Like is often said to those whose posts are deleted for that reason.....I suggest the offended "don't take it personal"

5. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Yes, absolutely correct.

BUT...signing up on the HAMB and agreeing to its rules has nothing to do with holding back Hot Rodding.
    It has to do with the member having made the decision in real life that he or she has an interest in a select period of time and a particular style of build.

It isn't about pushing the boundaries...its about appreciation of a time and style past.
    Hot Rodding is more than welcome to move on, and other sites follow those trends quite well.
    Here...well its just about living in the past...and following some simple rules that keep this site within that focus. ;)

williebill, Hombre, Moriarity and 7 others like this.
  6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Well stated......

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. street rod lover

street rod lover
    from taylor,mi.

I have to say I've had a few deleted. It took me a few times to realize what I was doing wrong.

WELL SAID HACKERBILT!

BUT...signing up on the HAMB and agreeing to its rules has nothing to do with holding back Hot Rodding.
    It has to do with the member having made the decision in real life that he or she has an interest in a select period of time and a particular style of build.

It isn't about pushing the boundaries...its about appreciation of a time and style past.
    Hot Rodding is more than welcome to move on, and other sites follow those trends quite well.
    Here...well its just about living in the past...and following some simple rules that keep this site within that focus. ;)

8. williebill

williebill

I for one appreciate the mods trying to prevent what I call "creep" in what's allowed.
    Inconsistent sometimes? Sure, but so what?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. MrCreosote

MrCreosote
    from USA

RE: Blurring and Creep:

I consider my 63 Lark a "modern late model" Studebaker.

I say if it doesn't have a crank to start the engine, it ain't an antique!

But the AACA says any car 25 years or older as do most DOTs.