Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I think I can fix that!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Doug Hines, Aug 9, 2019.

1. belair

belair

Car looks pretty good, I understand missysdad1 concerns, but I think you got the look going on. I agree with curbspeed on those shocks. Way too much angle. But hey-it's a learning experience, and job well-done. Congrats.

loudbang and Cosmo49 like this.
  2. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

Thanks. I did not notice I had them on upside down.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

Yes there is to much angle. I am going to see if they will keep it from bouncing down the road or not. I did not want them sticking up into the trunk area. Unfortunately lots of hotrods have way to much angle. Usually to much angle side to side. Thanks for your encouragement.

loudbang likes this.
  4. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

IMG_0875.JPG

I rolled it outside last weekend so I could look at everything from a distance. I am moving up the firewall end of the body about 1/2". Other than that I like it.

5. oldsman41

oldsman41

Nice work and thank you for saving another one.

loudbang likes this.
  6. radarsonwheels

radarsonwheels
    from Philly

I just went thru the same thing with rear shocks from lowering the rear of my truck. I ended up welding in a tube crossmember a bunch forward moving the shocks to more like 15° laid back. They sort of helped when they were wrong- she wouldn’t bounce up and down after a bump- but some bumps combined with a curve was less than confidence inspiring and closer to scary. It is worth your time to address it asap before you have to pull the body off a running car like I had to do.

Build is looking awesome if I wasn’t 6’ 4” 300lbs I’d be jealous but I don’t fit so well in sexy little cars

loudbang likes this.
  7. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

Thanks. I will have the body back off again soon. Do you have a picture of what you did?

loudbang likes this.
  8. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Looks GREAT! Glad you were able to get it and save it!

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

I re-configured my rear shocks. Here is a picture of the new design, just tacked in place. I plan on doing a series of spot welds around the circumference of the tube in order to attached the shock mount with the least chance of warping a bell from to much heat. I still have to cut off the rest of the old brackets. IMG_0894.JPG

Phil55Kratz and loudbang like this.
  10. Doug Hines

Doug Hines

It is tilting 12 degrees foward

Phil55Kratz and loudbang like this.