Register now to get rid of these ads!

I saw a horrific site today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod60F100, Feb 10, 2005.

1. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Went to my local crapola junkyard and i stumbled upon it...i almost started to cry,some asshole threw away a 1964 Buick Skylark convertable,there it stood its nailhead?motor still there no doors a good amount of rust but still if you haaave to throw a piece of legendary iron like that away at LEAST strip every usable part off it.sadly this yard is yer typical in one day smashed the next place :( if any Hambers wanna try and salvage somthing off it its located in Ft.Pierce Florida on Angle road at a placed called 2nd Chance Auto Salvage.

2. Jeez, I wish I had seen this earlier! I was just in the area today!!!

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

Is horrific a real word? it sounds like a cross of horrible and terrific.

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

What's the big deal? It's a sixties car...there's a few thousand of them left out there...last time I was in a junkyard in rust-free Kansas, there were three of them converts in there...as well as an Olds F-85 convert and a couple of early Pontiac Lemans converts...all so much junk...

Now if you were talking fifities converts...or forties converts...

R-

5. lgh1157

lgh1157

horrific

adj 1: grossly offensive to decency or morality; causing horror; "subjected to outrageous cruelty"; "a hideous pattern of injustice"; "horrific conditions in the mining industry" [syn: hideous, horrid, outrageous] 2: causing fear or dread or terror; "the awful war"; "an awful risk"; "dire news"; "a career or vengeance so direful that London was shocked"; "the dread presence of the headmaster"; "polio is no longer the dreaded disease it once was"; "a dreadful storm"; "a fearful howling"; "horrendous explosions shook the city"; "a terrible curse" [syn: awful, dire, direful, dread(a), dreaded, dreadful, fearful, fearsome, frightening, horrendous, terrible]

L

6. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

If you happen to go back there for anything, I'd be really greatful for the rocker arm assemblies!

You know, provided they are "rare--don't see many of those. I'll let 'em go for $150."

One dickhead yard owner in Lakeland had a Wildcat in the yard. COMPLETE. Pretty straight and rust free, too. Wouldn't sell the rocker arms, timing cover or anything else off the car. Perfect bumpers. Center console in it, if I remember correctly.

Three weeks later, I went back and the fucker crushed it. Didn't bother crushing the burned pickup truck that was there, or the rusted to hell stripped out Chevy C-10 truck.
    Grrrrrrrrr
    -Brad

7. Anchor

Anchor
    from N/A

I am pretty sure there should be ceremonies for things like that.

8. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Dude stude dude,maybe some Hambers on here own one or some Buick dudes dig them dude.

9. zman

zman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Garner, NC

It would be at least worth pulling the 401 and ST400 out of there. They're getting harder and harder to find...

10. long island vic

long island vic

my yard sent a 62 buick two door out too be crushed in the monster truck show today its a runner...i had a chance to get the parts 6 months ago but you know the game(((i will be there when i get there))

11. I've never heard anyone say "rust-free kansas"... sorry for the sidetrack

12. Mojo

Mojo

I knew this guy that had a 66 skylark cvt. Someone had given it to him, it wasn't in that bad of shape. He hit a bunch of trees with it, until the radiator blew, then he yanked the motor and sat it down in a chevy truck. Didn't bolt it in, he chained it in. I think he hit a bunch of trees with that too. Point being, there's worse fates than being in a junkyard...

I was pissed at that asshole over that buick for years. I tried to buy it from him, he wanted $400 (pre lumberjack duty), I had $20 to my name back then.

13. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

Junkyard operators are some of the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.

I went to one to by parts for my Alfa Romeo. They had one that was a theft recovery with no doors, hood, trunklid or top. They were selling it whole only for $3500 firm. I could have bought a nice, rust-free original for that much. They also had a decent, straight '67 Mustang convertible sitting out in the yard that belonged to the owner: "I think he wants $6000 for it", I was told.

I went back there 3 years later and both cars were sitting exactly where I last saw them. The Alfa's low-mileage engine was now full of water; it's spark plugs rusted solid into the aluminum head. The wood-rim steering wheel and seat upholstery was weathered and ruined and the body was rusted to hell. No one bought any parts off it. Or put any on it; the yard HAD THE PARTS to fix it! $100 worth of parts and they could have sold it for close to what they were asking. I asked about buying parts off it and was told the yard was selling it whole only for $3500.

The Mustang was sunk up to its rockers in the mud. By now it wasn't in much better shape; mind you this was once a nice original car that looked like it was well cared for the first time I saw it. I asked the counter guy about it. "I think he wants $6000 for it", I was told.

Shortly afterward the place went out of business and all the cars were crushed and hauled out. I don't know how they stayed IN business; they were only open 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday; no weekends at all.

Stupid motherfuckers.

14. kustomriv

kustomriv

I think they did not offer the skylarks in 64 with 401 nailhead motor in it. I think 65 is the first year and would make it a GS then. Plus it would only have a 2 speed with it.

kustomriv

15. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Well i nevr knew my elbow from my asshole about early Buicks,But the cars still there as its in the 'to be evaluated section'and has yet to be thrown into the doomed section. 2nd chance auto salvage Angle Road,Ft.Pierce Fl. i gots no bread to yank shit off it nor a truck to haul it away.i hope someone on here can try and hit the place and save somthing off it before it becomes beer cans and razor blades or a part of China's Damn Dam project thats inhaling our steel.

16. DrJ

DrJ

"ilovebritneyspears.com" is a horrific site.
    What you saw was a horrific SIGHT.

Jezuz, why does shit spelling and wrong-word usage bug me so much?

Maybe it's because when I clicked on this thread I was all ready to find out the URL for some really awful web site?

By the way, "Junkyard operators are some of the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet." isn't the only thing. I think some of them are in the business just because they ENJOY fucking up the "good" cars.
    Some of them are a worse enemy than the tree huggers, because they go out and collect up all the hidden good stuff on purpose and then destroy it or let time destroy it for them.
    If they didn't collect the stuff might still be available in those barns we like to dream about.

17. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

sight shit i fucked up am soo used to typing site as in web site,thanx for correcting me R. Lee Ermy style Dr.J ;)
    .... shees mye lital duece cuope yu doant no whut eye gaaaaaat

18. zman

zman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Garner, NC

damn I think he's right. the big cars had the 401 the Special/Skylark had the 300... Hmmm.. I guess I wasn't paying attention again... but if it did have a Nailhead the 2 speed is no biggy.. it only takes a flexplate and a bushing to put the SP400 on one...

19. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

If you like the baby Buicks the '64 300 will have aluminum heads.