Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I sand blast.. an was thinking.. believe it or not

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hollywood-East, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

I bought a clemco set-up years ago.. never checked the cartridge in the air purification chamber..... The good news, I can't blame any of The dumb shit I've done over The past years on it. But I did have a few refreshments talking about.. I should look at something I really could care Less about.... An I'm kinda glad I did.. So this is what I did. It may come with rite, Wrong if im here in a few years it worked... Anyway... I Pissed a lil zinc etching in the aluminum chamber that holds the charcoal canister in the air purification setup..... But!!!! Let it. Dry over heat before you Use.. I'm going to reuse after sitting on a controlled heat source. Just putting it out to guy's that blast.... Look in your air purification system before you start the season! Reason mentioning...... Mine had Lite corrosion.. KIMG4537.JPG KIMG4539.JPG

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  2. pitman

pitman
    from Hampsha

Years ago Zn Chromate primer was rec. for Al.
    (corrected)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  3. I think you mean zinc chromate. The green stuff? Anyhow, zinc chlorate is used as an oxidating agent in explosives.

pitman likes this.
  4. tpw35

tpw35

zinc chromate has hex 5 in it, be careful.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. I don't know what "hex 5" means. I'm assuming hexavalent which would indicate 6. A little help would be appreciated.

6. pitman

pitman
    from Hampsha

Sounds like it belongs alongside chrome 6
    or hexavalent chrome. Keep far, far away!