Register now to get rid of these ads!

I really like your truck,....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by forty1, Jul 21, 2009.

1. forty1

forty1

Seems there are two types of lookie-lou's. One type is the " that's an ugly steering wheel arse" , the other may be their wives.

This usually happens in a parking lot @ the grocery store, or on the street. Here's what I do when I hear,
    "I really like your truck".
    " Thanks, it's really a fun truck. The doors open, jump behind the wheel."
    Then they proceed to tell me all kinds of stories. This is when I ask if they have their cell phone, & I snap a pic. of them sittin there, smilin' all big & toothy.
    Then I add, " send it to your kids & grandkids- tell em your're still kool !
    Bye , gotta go now.."
    They usually are still watchin' as I pull away,...

Really fun to drive away , seeing them still standing there, in disbelief..
    Older women rock! lol,...
    -41-

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  2. RodStRace

RodStRace

Cougar hunter!:D

Nice that you share!

3. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I have to remember that one ! :cool:

4. Nice. I share with everybody that is interested. If they are genuinely interested I say hop on in and enjoy.

5. Helluv an idea. Hot Rod deplomacy:)
    I drove my 40 Merc to Lowes one fine Saturday. A middle aged couple walking out both commented, "Nice car". I think the guy asked what year. Then he proceded to his black 2 seater. I think it was a Porche Boxter or Honda S200. He got in. He had the car started and ready to go.:cool:
    His not unattractive wife lingered. Checking out my car. Asking questions and saying how much she liked it. :D It musta bugged the shit out of her old man. :mad:
    People!:rolleyes:

6. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

why drive away?

the older the berry the sweatier the juice!

7. [​IMG]

8. Hah!

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I was fueling up the Track Car at the Brookshire Bros. Grocery in Huntsville TX a couple of years ago. At the adjacent pump was a carful of little blue-haired ladies filling up to go to Houston. They commented on what a neat car I had and spent the next half hour admiring the car reminiscing about old cars in general.
    A lot of fun.

10. roddinron

roddinron

Tell that to a raisin.

11. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Helps with the next generation of hot rodders when you do the same thing for kids who admire your car. I always try to take the time to let them have a sit in the car or if there is time a short ride.
    I learned just how much that can mean to a person when the owner of a real AC 427 SC Cobra took the time to run me around the block after I drooled all over his wonderful car!
    It was also fun to take pretty young lady's for a ride in my 38, 2nd was right where there knee sits!!!!
    Doc.

12. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

You know. Your right, I love getting rides in old rides (Im 13) and taking a cruise. a buddy of my dads has a real cool 40's sedan and he gave me a ride in it, and told me where he got it, told me some history on the car, told me alot of kool things. It was awsome!!