Register now to get rid of these ads!

I once read that...(air bag suspension)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rockabilly53, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Me too. He's put into words what I've felt for a long time. And I DON'T own a traditional car, I just like them.

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I really do believe that it is important to preserve the history of our sport. Once it gets re-written and corrupted, theres no going back, its GONE. FOREVER. The masses dont really get that, because they really dont know it in the first place, and they really dont give a shit. Its up to the few of us that DO care, and do get it, to fight for it. Look at my profile, most of my cars (the list isn't complete, so assume at your own risk) are not Hamb friendly, traditional cars. Its really not about re-writing the "rules" so my stuff fits, its about respecting, preserving, and protecting what this thing is supposed to be about.
    Honestly, if you want to put a modern air-ride under your psuedo-traditional custom,(or bogus ten spokes on the front of your psuedo gasser, or "patina" on your bogus traditional hot rod, or ect, ect ect) and post it on the HAMB, if you present it honestly, no one will care. If you post a thread on here, and say "yea, heres the car I'm building, and yes, it is supposed to look like a late fifties custom, but I wanted to use air-ride, I know its not really traditional or period correct, I get that, but its what I wanted", no-one is going to say word one. Suck it up, be a man, and be honest, and nobodies going to say much.
    Now, try it this way. "I'm building a fifties custom. I'm putting shockwave bags on it. Fuck you if you think its not traditional, I DONT CARE, Traditional is what I SAY it is, take your inconvenient old magazines and ram 'em where the sun dont shine, you crusty old farts. Your just a bunch of haters, and you dont know what you are talking about." Save to say, that 1) you really are just a clueless buffoon, and 2) people are going to have something to say about that on a traditional hot rod forum. If they didn't, they'd be abdicating their responsibility to the past, and to those on here that are younger, and DO care about the history...

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  3. I think it's a stretch to justify air bags as "traditional Kustom equipment"...

In the immortal words of "germ":

"Bags are for weed,,,"

4. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

To be fair to the OP though,

I think he was just looking for clarification on something he heard more than he was looking for ammo to defend his traditional circa 2005 custom?

5. codeblu

codeblu

So...if I put a Volt motor in my Model A can I claim it's traditional because Detroit Electric did it in 1911,...oops my bad...frivolous post.

6. SloppyEggs

SloppyEggs

There have got to be a pile of dead horses lying around there. This has been beaten to death.

7. :p Get em falcongeorge !
    lets hear how you really feel and don't hold back so much next time

8. slammed

slammed

And so are your constant complaints of the HAMB not 'being' pure. You are a muscle car through and through. You troll here, a lot.

9. They used JATO bottles in WWII, just askin'!

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

How many HAMBers can claim to have thier very own stalker? :cool: Haven't seen you around much lately Slammed, shouldn't you be busy brewing up fruitcake conspiracy theories or something??:rolleyes:

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Edit... I read the whole thread. I actually read everything falcon posted and agree with much of it... It's just that the delivery sucks.

In any case, this has sort of turned into uninteresting drama.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.