Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical I need tunes help!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willys36, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Does anyone know if someone out there offers a service to replace batteries in Ipods? I believe this is a HAMB worthy topic since our rods need TUNES!!!! I love my Ipod but he battery is dead-dead and I can't find anyone locally who can do the deed. I tried and failed spectacularly replacing one in another 'pod but it isn't easy.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

you don't know any teenagers? That's a bummer.

3. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Iphone is even more spectacular for this too. They sell kits on that famous auction site, includes a tiny screwdriver, for the VERY tiny screws, and the replacement battery, for under ten bucks.

Careful with the caffeine that morning, Trust me. But if you want to pay somebody, contact your local cell phone store, Verizon or T-Mobile, somebody like that. Usually a drop off/pick up same day deal.

4. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

We have a Mac repair shop in our small town,, they have replaced batteries in our phones, pods, watches and laptops. There hands are steadier than mine and they have eyes that work without glasses.
    Just to a internet search for repair.

5. trollst

trollst

What are "tunes" in a hot rod? No such thing in my hot rods.

iwanaflattie, Texas Webb and Fordors like this.
  6. theboss20

theboss20

Do you have a Batteries Plus store in your area? They can do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Nice cam,open headers:cool:.

deucemac likes this.
  8. Nice cam,open headers:cool:.

9. There are 41 Batteries Plus stores in California, ones got to be close to you. HRP

10. hedg12

hedg12

Any cell phone repair shops in your area? Most of them will work on ipods.

11. pitman

pitman

"Another one bites the Dust!" :cool:

loudbang and Texas Webb like this.
  12. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I am having the same problem with my Reverberator in my 57.

williebill and squirrel like this.
  13. theboss20

theboss20

Almost sure to be a tube issue...that unit actually had a reverb tube...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. jnaki

jnaki

Hey W,
    Almost every city in So Cal has those Apple product fix-it places. We are working on the umpteenth year of using our first and third generation Ipod Touch models. They hold about two hours of constant music play, but not in any of our cars. The cars are Ipod ready, mine needs a cord and my wife's can run Bluetooth. Each time we play them, the battery level goes down to about 10% after about two hours. Then the standard charge cord builds a low 10% threshold for future plays.

But, for some strange situation, namely conversation between us... we do not use those "TUNES" during our long road trips. The mellow sound of our motors, exhausts and just cool road sounds make the trips enjoyable. Plus, one has to be able to hear and reply to the other passenger as if we were listening, HA!

The digital sounds on the Ipod Touch have been used in all different situations since we first bought them years ago. (from housework to garage car repairs, etc.) They used to be the first thing we played when driving, but after the "newness" wore off, our long distance driving road trips have been conversation only, enjoyable trips. The last time we listened in the car was for Christmas music for our granddaughter when she was 9. She is 13 now with her own Iphone.

Jnaki
    On school ride shares, our granddaughter's friends like the sound of the motor and exhaust as we accelerate. We have even overheard: "Gee, what a cool sounding car." Then the next gen starts talking like crazy. But, the car sounds are much better than the ordinary ride share van or big SUV.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    williebill and Texas Webb like this.
  15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You an get a replacement battery at any phone repair store. Word of caution though, don't plug an old Ipod into a nice fresh MAC. It will crash the ipod by downloading excessive operating program that the old unit cannot hold rendering it useless (Apple Designed Obsolescence). Get the battery changed, charge if off a wall outlet adapter and enjoy.

oldsjoe, jnaki and loudbang like this.
  16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What's an I pod?

willys36, williebill and milwscruffy like this.
  17. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Exhaust notes.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I think it's what the ibody snatchers use to replicate your body.

Texas Webb likes this.
  19. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not sure if they have your battery but I have gotten parts and battery from Ifixit for my older Iphone. Phil

20. They have kits and the proper batteries all over the internet, that's not the problem. There are even several videos on YoueTube showing step by step how-tos. It is just a very delicate and convoluted procedure and if you aren't very practiced it is really easy to screw it up. I tried it on one and was unsuccessful. I contacted all the usual suspect shops (Apple store, independent phone shops etc.), they just wanted to sell me a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ new phone. Ipods are obsolete and it will take a dedicated geek to do the job I fear.

Oh, and I agree, you don't need tunes when cruising and stoplight racing but you do need them to pick up hot chicks on Saturday night, ala John Milner.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    chryslerfan55 likes this.