Register now to get rid of these ads!

i need to get rid of a car that has no tiltle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldskool55, Oct 14, 2005.

1. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

a friend of mine left a car at my grandpas house because he got kicked out of his house.... he said that he would have it out of there a month ago. my grandpa has been pretty leaniate about it until now, but hes getting his house painted and he wants it gone now.... all the charity lots (cars for causes and the rescue mission) dont want it because its pretty torn up and doesnt run. all the salvage and scrap yards wont take it because i dont have the tittle and neither does my friend.

so how do i get rid of it without getting in trouble?

2. Tony

Tony

Put it in the local classifieds *cheep* and sell it as a parts car without title..
    Just list it as "parts only"..

only a thought.

3. trey

trey

all of my project cars so far have been without a title. i dont worry if it has one or not. i will when i get fucked.

trey

4. FuelFC

FuelFC

Push into street a few blocks down and away we go.

5. long island vic

long island vic

push it out too the street, its not yours you don,t get any tickets...run it in a demo or enduro then leave it at the track

6. Kind of funny how some minds think alike. After reading your story my first thought was pull the plates, tow it away at night and leave it somewhere. Then who ever has the local police towing contract will pick it up and tow it away.:D Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

7. Drive it to your next local Cruise Night, park as near to the billetest street rod you can find. Prop open the hood, check out the show and hitch a ride home with someone else. Best part is your "buddy" gets the bill for towing and impound, your Grandpa gets his driveway back, and some snotty street rodder gets pissed off.

No need to thank me - all part of my brillian scheme. Muhahhhahhahahha....

8. ryno

ryno

maybe i missed it, what kind of car is it?????

9. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

its a 90 something 240 sx... yeah its pretty much trash. if i had a trailer id tow it somewhere... im thinking about cutting it into pieces and scrapping it

10. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

get a rope and drag it down the street. leave it for the cops to deal with. if there is any one you dont like abandon it in front of there house

11. ryno

ryno

try metal scrap yards i know ive ditched a few project cars that donor there roofs or quarters to other cars and never had any problems.that was in california though. good luck

12. Tell your "friend" to move it. NOW !

If that doesn't work,drag it to where ever he lives now,
    or where he works,or his girl friends house,or where he used to live.

13. ryno

ryno

i just noiced your in so cal ive used a scrap yard in oxnard on 5 th st. dont know where in so cal your at but maybe that helps

14. DrJ

DrJ

What kind and year of car?
    any good parts on it to make it worth making it "dissappear"?
    Do you have the keys to it?
    If you have the keys, you can claim you have been given permission to operate the car.
    Lien sale to yorself would be an option then.
    If not it might be stickier.
    Call the city again, and see if they will tow it away.
    Tell them exactly what the dillema is and that if they won't help you get it towed away legitimately you will have no choice but to park it in the street.
    If the tags are expired or if it doesn't have any plates on it* it'll get towed away the second time the street sweeper's ticket writer goes by.
    Wipe your prints off it....
    The people we got our '55 Chevy truck from went around with the city of Downey over a Eldo in their driveway that the city was bugging them to remove but woudn't "help" If I remember right, I think they got the city to tow it to the city yard by "promising" to the right, as in a logical city Bureaucrat, person that they would have to and would push it out in the street, because they had no other resort.
    They even wanted to title and register it but it was "out of the computer" and had to have the VIN verified but it didn't have any wheels, didn't run and no one would even pick it up to take it to get that done!
    Do you know any cops who could/would call to have it towed?

15. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

this is what you do,...(remember im in the towing biz)

roll it out front in the street, then call the cops and say that someone "abandoned" a car out front of your house. they will come out, and write up a police report. then either instruct you to have it towed away (with a police report) or they will send their company (on their towing roster) out to pick it up. either way its gone and out of your hair

16. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

yeah i know where that is... they took the whole car? and you didnt need a title? did they charge you?

17. ryno

ryno

never once ask for a title and they weigh you in with your truck and trailer with your shit box and then take it off with a big crane and re weigh your set up.its been 2 years since i last did it but i think it was around 50 bucks or some shit like that.where are you at ?i lived in simi valley all my life and just moved to mo. 2 months ago

18. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

how long does it need to sit before its considered abandoned? is there any way i could get into trouble if they find out it doesnt have tags or vin#s

19. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

i live in port hueneme ( pretty much oxnard) so they take the whole car? like i dont have to cut it up?... i guess ill call around tomorrow.... i need to find someone with a trailer

20. ryno

ryno

last car i did was a complete 67 chevelle wagon minus the roof.i used to be partners of a shop in moorpark "totally polished" ever heard of it

21. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

yeah i have... hmm i guess ill look into that.... i talked to my grandpa and hes sketched out by leaving it in the street

22. You can also do a private party impound.
    Call an OPG garage, tell them you want the car towed.
    They may direct you to the PD, but usually they do it.
    Car is gone.
    Or push it into the street and call it in. 72 hours later its gone.
    Thats how I used to get rid of parts cars when I lived in an apartment.
    Nothing will come back to you as long as its not in your name.

Dont waste your time taking it to scrap. If you have no papers, they wont take it as it is.
    You would have to cut it into 6 or 8 pieces for them to take it as scrap.
    Not worth the 40 bucks you might get.
    Or look in the Recycler paper for scrap metal guys. They might want it.

23. shoebox72

shoebox72

Theres a late model junkyard around the corner from my house & I often see cars abaondond right in front of the junkyard gate if I drive past there late at night. Title or not they take'em, not like they have a choice.

Billy

24. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

Yes yes yes.. or send it to the BSM, we can use some target practice...

25. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

fuck i hate being in the middle of this shit....

26. If they touch them they are stupid. Around here they sit right where they were dropped until the police garage hauls them off.
    It would suck to lose your business and go to jail for someones stolen car that might get you 50 bucks scrap...
    Or if they can take them in, they have to store it and lein sale it to get ownership.

27. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I had an old car abandond at my place once. The cops kept giving me a rough time about it, but wouldn't help me at all. The yards said everything had to have a title. I got fed up with the whole mess and drug it to the yard and left it at their gate one night. Went by around 9 am the next morning and the car was already crushed and in a pile of cars heading to where ever. Guess the title wasn't that important eh?

Haven't had a problem getting rid of anything since. The yards tell you, you have to have a title, but I think thats just to keep them from getting into trouble. Now, if you showed up with a few late model cars in a row without titles, then you might have a problem. :eek: gene

28. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

you guys can have it.. just pay frieght

29. Yeah, we had / have a company out here in Chicagoland that would take it without a title and dispose of it promptly. I ain't naming names...

30. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

this kids family friends with the owners of the local yard and they still wouldnt take it from him