Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical I need Stock Dimensions for a '55-'59 Chevy Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kinky6, May 19, 2014.

1. Kinky6

Kinky6

Uh, for the Radiator, that is. Can't edit titles. I did a search for this, but that didn't answer what I was looking for. I found a post from 3 years back giving 24" wide, but the poster didn't know if that radiator was stock or not.

I have a '57 Chevy 1/2 ton on a later chassis ( not sure of year ), but it doesn't look like that affects the radiator support area. I need to put a radiator in it, and would like to get the stock dimensions to use as a starting point. The ( probably non-stock ) rad that was in it was wider than tall. It has a barely warmed-over Chevy small block and a TH350. Looks like the "short" water pump w/ an 18" aluminum fan.

BTW, the fan circle rides a little lower than the rad support frame; any suggestions on a shroud? I'd like to stay with a belt driven fan to keep things simple.

Thanks, Kinky6

2. Kinky6

Kinky6

BTTT for the evening crew....

Thx., Kinky6

3. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:cool: If there is a decent local radiator shop handy,they should have those dimentions in their parts books.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

4. Kinky6

Kinky6

Yeah, this week I'm working a pretty full schedule of High School Graduation rehearsals and events, don't really have time to go "drop in" on any local shops. I was hoping someone on here might have a stock one.

Thx.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scroll though this and find your truck. http://www.usradiator.com/radiators/chevrolet/truck.html It looks like they show several options

Most guys with those cobbled together truck on the wrong frame things build their own core support as the stock core supports don't usually clear the later frames.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  6. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi K6.Congrats on the HS graduation.Best of luck to you.Outstanding.
    Leo

7. Kinky6

Kinky6

LOL! Uh, thanks, but I'm not graduating; I'm darn near 60! I'm the Operations Manager at a 7,000 seat arena; we have a graduation starting in about 15 minutes. All my staff is in position, and we're ready for this year's class to go. Only 5 more to go this spring after this one!

Mr. 48, thanks for the link! K6

8. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:rolleyes: Oh crap.You mean the way back machine FAILED?
    Leo

9. txturbo

txturbo

Wow....60 and hasn't graduated yet ?