Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need some life advice...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bikertrash, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

After all said on this thread the best advise is to follow your heart. We all know it is tough as many of us have been in your position. One other thing is once you have decided never look back or second guess yourself. Just go for it!

2. My A had stock drive train with some simple suspension mods and juice brakes. Also had a warmed up B engine. I loved it this way and it was not too far from stock :D

[​IMG]

3. dadsacarnut

dadsacarnut

My dad said you don't ever sell your first car or your most loved car you will kick your self forever ! I have been kicking myself for the last 25 years and counting , I now have my second love [Besides my wife of course ] and if money is tight it sits and sits and sits , I have an amazingly cool wife as well and she will not see me go through the loss of a loved hot rod one was enough ! Your father is proud of you or he wouldn't have given you the car in the first place , He sounds like a smart man and i"m sure he would rather see you love a car that you want rather than trying to love someone elses love . MEMORIES we all have them and that's how we remember good times people and loved items . Like your father passing the car on to you to make memories maybe its time to pass it on for others to enjoy ? Have you thought about donating it to a cause or museum you would get a tax brake on an appraised value juat another avenue to look at you might be happy with the tax brake and im sure your father as you would love to see it being loved by all . Good luck dadsacarnut

4. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Heres what I would do..Id start building a hotrod frame for your coupe ...Maybe youll find another body maybe you wont,Building a scratch built frame is not that all expensive .If you can do the work yourself ,If you cant ,Finish the Buick and enjoy both cars,I personally started concentrating on one car at a time....At one time when I was single and in my 20's I was building 3 cars at once,It got to be 2 much,Sold 2 and kept one,A year later my 71 gmc sprint was done and on the road...So my advice is ,Build a frame or finish the buick or just be happy with what you have....

5. Bikertrash

Bikertrash
    from Boise

So, not for nothin, I bought a 1930 coupe. It's pretty cool! I haven't sold my Buick or told my wife so I have a little tension there. I'm broke but on my way to something cool. Thanks for the advice guys.

6. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

trade the buick for an A model project

7. Westco48

Westco48

I'd say that's your new sig.

8. Bagged50Buick

Bagged50Buick

Maybe you need to reinspire yourself on the Buick. Once its gone, you may wish you kept it around. Im the total opposite. I have a 50 Buick and can picture nothing better than parking a chopped coupe or roadster next to it in my barn. 3 grand won't go far. keep the Buick around and once you get your A done.....go back at it!

9. Glad to see you got one. I'd just put a jar in my sock drawer and every day when I got home from work put 2 or 3 dollars in it and as it builds up I'd buy what parts I could afford. I'd also try to finish that Buick, awesome looking car. Never get rid of dad's car. My dad bought a 53 Merc new, gave it to me in 71 and I sold it in 91. Been sick ever since. Finally got another Merc a couple of months. Not my dad's but it looks just like it and it helps a little. I actually traded a 52 Buick for the Merc. Now I miss the Buick! Also look around your house and shop for stuff you don't need or use and sell it and put it in your car fund too.