Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need some help on windshield rubber

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptruck, Oct 23, 2011.

1. choptruck

choptruck

I have a 46 Dodge that I am replacing the windshield rubber on. I have stainless trim within the rubber that I want to save but how do I get it off of the old rubber without destroying it? Does it just pull out, or slip out somehow? I was on the P15-d24 site, but it is not helping me out. If anyone can give me some info, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Rick
    I also need to buy it still, but I think Steele has it.

2. squirrel

squirrel

On many older cars and trucks, you remove the glass, rubber, and metal all at the same time, then you can take the glass and metal out of the rubber. If the rubber is hard from age, then you might be better off cutting it and not risk bending the stainless trim.

3. toughnut

toughnut
    from Arizona

I'm not familiar with the Dodge, but Squirrel is correct. Just use a razor knife to cut the rubber on the inside and push the assembly out the front. Good luck

4. leaded

leaded
    from Norway

check up by the bigger gasketcompanys... as Steele Rubber . They all get instructions on the websites and they show all needed to know.... also Hot Rod website did this work a while ago... all on their site...
    What to do a search before asking... a lot of info found!!

5. choptruck

choptruck

Thanks for all the help fellas.