Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need parts I.D. help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Broman, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

I need to get the opinions on these parts.

#1 What are they off of (I know they a from Chrystler - but thats about all)

#2 What year are they.

#3 What are they worth and are they worth more because they are still in the packaging.

#4 Would they be of more value to a guy who needs the parts or as sort of museum pieces (as-is in packaging)

Now for the back-story:

I have (I should say - we have) obtained a decent set of NOS OEM body parts from the widow of a recently deceased collision repair man. He had all of these parts in the basement of thier house when he passed last week. She was cleaning it all out. And when I say cleaning I mean throwing it all in a huge hopper in the front lawn. We don't know how much was taken to the transfer station but we did get most of the good stuff after finding out what she was doing. She said she didn't care if we took it all - FOR FREE !!! It was either going to be given to us or thrown away. She didn't care one way or another and uhhh, we didn't mind helping her out....

There is more to it than what is shown here, but I didn't know for sure what this stuff was. Naturally I came here for advise.

here they are:

Pbase Photo Galleries

Pbase Photo Galleries

Pbase Photo Galleries

Pbase Photo Galleries

Pbase Photo Galleries

Pbase Photo Galleries

Pbase Photo Galleries

Pbase Photo Galleries

Pbase Photo Galleries

Pbase Photo Galleries

Pbase Photo Galleries

Sorry this is such a big post...

2. Paul

Paul
    Editor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

museum pieces.

Paul

3. appear to be early forties fenders and rear bumper apron

4. all that stuff is 41 plymouth. wish i would of had that fender a year ago!

5. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

ricky,

How sure are you and what kind of value do you think they would hold? Let's talk dollars here...

Museum pieces or just real good parts?

We are too afraid of unwrapping them any more than what they are for and ID, but the body style line that starts at the lip of the fender looks real close to what that pic shows.

Thanks for the input so far. Now we know that the bumpers are probably for this year too. They are in great shape as well.

6. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Bro,

Carefully unwrap them a little more, and take them to Cedar Rapids next weekend. Put about $200 ea on the fenders and $50 on the gravel shield. Anyone who needs them will know what they are and should be willing to pay that. Don't let on that you got them for free or aren't sure what they fit. If I see them there, I'll stop by and say hi.

7. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

BTTT

thanks, anyone else have 2 cents to add?

This stuff may or may not make it to Cedar Rapids - depends on how much room we have. There is a chance that I might not be able to make it, but my brother will be going for sure.