Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need ideas for rear latches on the 23T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ozzie, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie

done

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. I found some interesting latches in the you-pull-it a while back from the compartments inside an '80s Caddy hearse. Might be worth a look.

3. OLLIN

OLLIN

Im gonna have to do something similar soon. I was looking at the little locks from metal file cabinets..
    hopefully that helps.

4. take a look at magnetic latches that ya gota push on lightly to spring open....nothin out in the open

5. Cruiser

Cruiser

Ozzie,

Look at the hardware store for locks used on medal cabinets they have a key and there small and easy to put in. All that shows is a chrome key cylinder.

CRUISER :cool:

6. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Ozzie Did you try Rockys Hinges . He is a manufacturer of hinges for hotrods out of the youngstown Ohio area I think his site is Rockyshinge.com or org

7. Ozzie

Ozzie

Update:12/1/2008 Decided that a regular locking latch handle from a 32 will work just fine. At first I wanted it hidden, then changed my mind, The handle is going in this week. My metal guy decided he didn't like the entire deck lid or how it hinged, so he's making another one. Gotta love the eager guys!!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  8. rodknocker

rodknocker

9. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you are still looking, you might want to try a place like West Marine or any other boating store. They have tons of latches and locks for boats that might work.

10. Small Bear Claw, turn it around so the flat 'handle' goes through to the outside and put a small knob on it.

Or, mount it as shown and run a cable.
    The cable won't take much room.

[​IMG]

You can find similar, electrically operated (with emergency cable for mechanically opening) latches in soccer mom vans, Explorers etc. at the junkyard.