Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need help with Mechanical Injection history

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hammerndollie, Jan 30, 2011.

1. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

I aquired a few of these little units a few months ago from a fellow HAMBer, unfortunately he didn't know anything about them, and aparrently neither does the internet. They are 1 5/8" bore with 2 7/8" mounting centers and have SES cast into both the body, and the hat.

They apear to have never been mounted on anything with no sign of hardware marring on the casting. They kinda look like they might have replaced SU's on british cars and bikes. They are very nice little units and would be great either on a bike or on a banger motor. I got 5 of these, and one has a metering block of some sort bolted to it.

I just need to know if anyone out there has any info on these, or this company. I have had no luck with my research and have NEVER seen these before. Thanks Guys.
    Mike

2. Deuces

Deuces

Got pictures????...

3. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

I meant to post some, just forgot. Thanks

Attached Files:

4. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

5. Can't help you at all but it looks like something someone might have bolted to a Shovel Head in the '70s.

If I had a banger I'd be all over getting some of them from you.

6. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

Post pic of metering block.
    Any name or nomenclature found anywhere on lines, hardware, etc?
    Where did the other guy acquire these?
    Tom S. in Tn.

7. <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 colSpan=3 align=middle>You did not look very far.........
    NOS - SES Fuel Injection Throttle Body Price: $250
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=row1 vAlign=top colSpan=3 align=left>NOS - SES Fuel Injection Throttle Body with a 1-5/8" bore, made in the early 70's for Chevy Vega, Ford Pinto and Volkswagen engines. Manifold fits a PEPCO Supercharger. the little brass and red contraption is either a regulator or pressure mechanism?
    Cost is $250.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

8. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Yeah, it's early 70s stuff. Bikes, sleds, small bore automotive and the like.

Attached Files:

9. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

Wonder how well they worked ?
    Tom S. in Tn.

10. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

Thanks a lot guys. And you're right, I didn't look much farther than a little google imaging. Either way, thanks a lot. I may be interested in parting with them soon, when I do I will be posting them in the classifieds here. I have 5 total all identical except one has the metering block, I will try to shoot a pick of that one, but basically looks like the one pictured in the vintage ad.

11. Zerk

Zerk

Originally designed for snowmobile racing. Adapted for small cars. I think AutoWorld sold these.

12. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

Will it fit on a chevette?

13. Zerk

Zerk

Best guess: it can be made to fit on a Chevette. The car has that Holley/Weber progressive 2 bbl. on it now, right? And I'm pretty sure the SES won't bolt onto that ...UNLESS you also have access to the parts that would have been used to adapt the SES to a Pinto or Vega, which also used that Holley 5200 carb.

14. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

it was just a joke. although I do have a chevette.