Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need help with brakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rodders, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Rodders

Rodders

Ok guys i got a 29 ford roadster i got the car out after it had been parked for years. Ok This is what i did the back calipers where leaking so i pulled them off and had them re-done they are 62 jag. I did not like the front cuz they where t-bucket spindle brakes and the car never stoped good. so i put a new brake kit on. The car does have power brakes and the master is under the floor. Here is the big problem i cant get this thing to stop i have done everything i could think of. Guess i am just stuck,think it needs a new master? I have hours out there bleeding them, so i would think the air is out.

2. indyjps

indyjps

what brake kit did you put on?

3. sskustoms

sskustoms

Did you install residual valves , if master is under floor you need them they sell 2 kinds 2 psi for disc brakes and 10 psi if you have drums .

4. ken1939

ken1939

SS is correct about the residual valves, since the master cylinder is equal to or below the highest point in the brake system. The fluid tends to go away from the high points.

In regards to Jag rears, they were never great on braking to begin with. The residual valves are a cheap test at least, but I would not rule out the master if the car has sat for this long.

5. Rodders

Rodders

Ok thanks guys it was a speedway front kit. It does not have residual valves in it i just went out and checked it has 4 wheel disk so do i put a 2 psi in the front and one in the back?

6. sskustoms

sskustoms

Yes you will need 2 valves one for front and one for rears good luck

7. Rodders

Rodders

thanks for your help