Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical I Need Help With a B&M Shifter

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by supercharged, Nov 9, 2013.

1. I recently bought a '66 C10 and I am slowing getting back on the road.

The truck has a 454 with a TH400 and attached to the B7M shifter is a electronic devicethat has two sets of cables. One is attached to a power source (ignition switch). But the other is attached to nothing!:(

What is this and what should it be attached to?:confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. raengines

raengines
    from pa.

backup lights?

3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Neutral safety switch, the shifter must be in park(and/or neutral) before power is connected to starter solinoid. NHRA/common sense rule

4. squirrel

squirrel

The second switch is probably for back up lights.

If you know how to use a test light, you could see if it gets power only in reverse.

5. n847

n847

Its hard to see from this picture but if I remember correctly the prong on the top is neutral safety switch and the prong on bottom is reverse light. Some times you have to adjust the reverse by bending the tag if it doesn't engage when the shifter is in reverse!

Edit...think I had the wires backward...but like squirrel said send hook up a 12v lead on one end of the switch and see if your test light comes on at the other end when your in reverse!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  6. Thanks - I could not find this info or this switch anywhere on the B&M site or installation instructions I dowloaded

7. squirrel

squirrel