Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need help finding this!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Silent_Orchestra, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Hey everybody, I've ran into a little problem. I'm working on a 1953 Pontiac Eight 4 Door for a customer. It needs a fuel sending unit/pickup. I have had no luck finding one, so I thought I would put the guys and gals of the HAMB to the test. Does anybody know where I can get a fuel sending unit for a '53 Poncho? Does anybody have a nice one for sale?? Your help is very much appreciated.

2. rodder001

rodder001
    from Omaha Ne

if you post a pic of it or send me one I have a few older pontiac sending units would be happy to give you one .if one will work.these are new also.

3. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

I'll get you pic of one today...thanks! hopefully one works.

4. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

Try Ebay (if you trust it enough) !! I've been searching for parts for my 51 and regularly see sending units for it - not sure if 51 and 53 are interchangeable though.

5. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

not sure if they carry these.....but you might want to try Kanter automotive

6. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

Did you try California Pontiac Restoration? I thought I saw one there the last time I was on the parts site. www.pontiacparts.net Not really very user friendly, but you can call also.

7. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

PRIMERDAVE, I tried Kanter that was a no go, plus it took them 15 minutes to answer the phone.

JDHolmes, I will try them at when I get to the shop thanks!!

turdmagnet, I never even thought about the bay, but that's last resort material there.

8. damnfingers

damnfingers

9. Crafty

Crafty
    from UK