Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Need Advice On Lincoln Engines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60'coupe, Jan 30, 2007.

1. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Is there a LINCOLN motor that stands out over the other's ?
    I'm looking for something rebuilt, smog-less, V8, reliable, cool running, strong running for a daily driver freeway cruiser. Has anyone delt with www.hiperformer.com up in Spokane, Washington before ? They offer 302cid-5.0 L, 351cid-5.8 L, 400cid-6.6 L and 460cid-7.5L motors. Any input would be great !

2. A friend of my brother loves the 460's, they're strong runners and stout and there is good support for the engine by Speed equipment companies.
    As for Hiperformer, I don't know anyone who has used them but I have seen their site and their prices and warranty sound great. If their parts and machinists/assemblers are quality, they would be a good company to deal with.
    I usually end up with a junkyard engine so I get all the brackets, pulleys and stuff. The last SBC I did 8 years ago, the machinist's work ran me over $1000 and the internal parts another $2000, but then it wasn't "stock", either.
    Big block Mopar cores are getting hard to find here reasonably so Hiperformer's deal looks pretty good. Keep us posted on what you learn.
    Thanks.

3. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

How big is the car in question this engine is going into?