Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need a measurement off a 64 Fairlane

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MP4/8, Apr 12, 2013.

1. MP4/8

MP4/8

I am building a 1964 ford fairlane and I need a measurement between the two front fenders right at the front edge see picture. I am fitting a fiberglass hood, and it needs to be trimmed down. I do not have a grill to put in to make sure the width is right. So I figured that if I could get a few people to give me this measurement it would be a big help.

[​IMG]

2. Ole don

Ole don

If you have a fiberglass hood the needs to be trimmed, this measurement can be anything you want it to be. Just make sure to have fresh paint around the first bolt in the picture so you can repeat the measurement if you need to.

3. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

I would wait till I had the grill. Trying to put material back sucks. Fit the rear of the doors to the quarter panels and then work forward fitting and trimming as you go.

4. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

My 64 is original fenders and hood. The measurement between fender to fender at the front point is 48 3/4".......The hood measures 48 1/2". I have a extra grill if your looking....Good luck and let me know if ya need anymore measurements.....Taker Easy Jeff

5. MP4/8

MP4/8

Hey Jeff, thanks for doing that for me. Even though I can sand the hood to fit, as someone else said, I wanted to be able to have a stock one fit if I ever want to go that way.
    I do need a grill. Mine is pretty bad. Shoot me a PM with what ya want for it.