Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need a lacquer paint hook up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Docfranknstein, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Good ol Calif has outlawed lacquer auto paint, but I really like using lacquer, ( old dog and new tricks) I had bought a bunch when a place in Moorepark was selling out thier lacquer, but gave alot of it to freinds when they said they needed some, now I don't have much left and need some black lacq, so anybody got the hook up? Von Doc

2. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

Bought a gallon of Dupont Diamond Black99 last year in CT.
    There may be listiings in Hemmings for suppliers of lacquer. :)

3. lownslow

lownslow

i can get you a TON of lacquer clear ..... just use hok black base caot and clear with lacquer ..... lemme know if you are interested

4. 392_hemi

392_hemi

There's a company that still sells the stuff. But it's not cheap. If I can find the name an number, I'll post it. Think they run an ad in Hemmings.

5. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

On ebay type in paint as a search and several guys sell it there very reasonable too..........(ebay motors that is):cool:

6. jersey fink

jersey fink
    from jersey

try kanters auto.when i used to work there they had a shitload..

7. Guy I know likes to paint with this True-Value Rust X brand. It's an acrylic lacquer if I remember right, has tintable bases and basic colors, and is about $27 a gallon. They make a flat black that is actual paint, not primer, too. No metallics of course, but... I imagine I will use a can on my car. I'm thinking either dark purple or lime green to go with the can of '61 Plymouth Lavender metallic, which is just a quart but should be enough to do a bunch of scallops on it. There's a quart of '75 AMC apple green, too, not sure what that even looks like (anyone know of a pic of a car that color?). It just happened when I went to college and took the body courses they were tossing the last of the lacquers and I took a batch of cans they'd painted motorcycle tanks and things with, they're still fluid inside and mostly full. I think this '61 Plymouth color was sold about 1961, too - hopefully it's still useable. If not, the can looks neat on the shelf.

8. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Go to Az It's still sold there :)

9. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

i can still get it from my paint stores... dupont or ppg.... what ya need?

10. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Thanks for the response guys. lownslow, Yeah I could use some clear, I'll pm Ya. rustynewyorker, that stuff should still be o-kay, I've seen Gene Winfield bring a hokeypuck looking chunk in the bottom of the can back to life, and then We shot the stuff on His truck. Speedracer2002, I will pm Ya, I could use a gallon of black as a starter. Doc