Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need a heater in my car, what do U use??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustchops, Dec 24, 2005.

1. I need to find a cheep after market heater for my 49 chev fleet, 53 buick dash, channeled so space is a little tight. Anyone got a cool wrecking yard pull or rv type? I dont want to buy a vintage air at this time, looking for a good idea though, thanks........

2. DrJ

DrJ

Bag one out of ANYTHING that doesn't have air.
    I'd look at minitrucks first.
    Get everything from the basic controls to the defogger ducts and diverter outlets under the dash.

3. Frank

Frank

I found one I am a fan of.

If you can find an old Ford Courier/Mazda pickup, they have a tiny little heater that works very well for its size. Of course it was a little cab. Its dimensions are something like H 15" x W 8" x D 9". Its entirely self contained with the blower, core, everything. It should look pretty much at home in that car.

4. Hard On Parts

Hard On Parts
    from SE Kansas

Water cooled motorcycle radiator and fan. Works fine.

5. Mazda Van with rear heat option....cats ass.....complete with controls.!..the whole enchilada is like a giant 8 track...:)real compact

6. Lionheart

Lionheart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You didn't say whether you need 6 volt or 12 volt fan motor.

Most NAPA, Tractor Supply, or similar stores, sell nice compact heaters but now days they prolly only have 12 volt motors.

If you need 6 volt, then i have a couple of compact heaters w/6 volt motors out of late 30's early 40's cars, that i would part with. pm me if you want pix.

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Late 60's/early70's Dodge pickup uses a small, very compact unit...can be had cheap at nearly any wrecking yard...I put one in a '57 Chevy pick-up...works great.

R-

8. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Attached Files:

9. steele138

steele138

I pulled one of the suburban rear heaters 85-86? ran me out of my old 58 ford pick-up
    Steele

10. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

I buy van suplement heater for $30 comes with switch very small and easy to mount and has high and low speeds.

11. search heater core on ebay

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...tle=heater+core

nearly 500 listings from complete units to bare cores. Get an idea of what’s available that way. By the time you’ve looked at the possibilities, you’ll know what you want for sure.

12. Skimmer

Skimmer

Real rods dont have heaters,the warmth of the engine is enough..........well none of the rods ive ever had have had a heater n this is cold England....;)

13. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

I am using an AC evaporator core from a small truck(luv?) with a small fan behind it. My hoodless model A dosen't retain enough heat to heat the firewall anyway. When the temps drop in the 20's I have to partialy block the radiator with a piece of aluminum to get the engine to heat. Sparky

Attached Files: