Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need a compressor. . .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone GT, May 16, 2009.

1. Cyclone GT

Cyclone GT

. . . for airing up bike tires, my air shocks (175lbs+), powering an impact wrench, maybe some cutters and polishers, maybe some blow up dolls (for my kinky friends). I don't need an industrial, run for hours compressor, just something I can use to take out some intake bolts, rotate tires and some general around the house stuff. I looked on some web sites and there's just too many to pick.

Little help!

2. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Just go buy a run of the mill husky pancake compressor over at your local home depot, only run for about 50-60 bucks.

3. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Buy a good one with a larger tank, impacts and cut off tools devour air and will cut the life of a small compressor considerably.
    Go to sears, home depot, lowes, tractor supply....

4. krooser

krooser

Buy an oil less if you have good ear protection...

5. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I've got a 33-gallon Craftsman from sears. It rules for light duty work, and it's affordable. My dad has had his Craftsman compressor for atleast 20 years or more and uses it weekly around the garage.

6. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I just picked up a 60 gallon Husky from Home Depot on sale for $364.00. It will handle air tools, spray gun most anything I will need air for. 220V, 4 year warranty.