Register now to get rid of these ads!

I love this place...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Townsend, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Townsend

Townsend

I've been lurking on and off for about 5 years. I have a '29 on '32 rails that I have been building and this place as helped me every step of the way. I'm new to hot rods and cars in general, so just having the ability to search this forum has made my build go so much smoother and my car is 100% better built thus far as a result.

Despite all of the knowledge taken from the hamb, I made my first post just a couple of days ago. I was always kind of intimidated about doing so, but after the Round Up I figured I could do it and not get laughed at. I met so many people and they were all so nice. Hell, Ryan has got to be the most unassuming celebrity I have ever been around and I work with them every day. I'm sure I talked his ear off, but he was so nice to me I just couldn't help myself.

Anyway, this post is my attempt to get other folks like me out and about. Don't be a lurker. Jump in and make yourself known.

2. Well it looks like you already have an official welcome from some of the fellas. But welcome anyway.

How far along are you on your build or are you driveing and just holding out on us?

3. Townsend

Townsend

I fired the car about a year ago, but then I took it all apart for body work, shiny paint, and chrome. I quickly learned that I am no good at body work but things are starting to come together. I hope to have the car finished next month.

It's a traditional car with flathead, 3-speed, quick change, etc... Nothing fancy, just really simple.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Post pictures man. I want to see this car...

As for celebrity, I'm not that by a long shot... I just host a website. Celebrity status is reserved for guys that build cars and the cars themselves... in this world anyway...

5. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Posted the intro in the wrong section, new guy! HaHaHa, you're such a loser new guy, and I'm a cool guy cause I've been here for a lot longer than you. And I have way more posts than you!

There, is that what you were expecting?:)

Five years may very well be the longest lurk before posting. Glad that meeting folks at the Roundup could have some sort of positive infuence.

I have know idea how much of a computer guy you might be. But if you have problems posting pics, just ask. Or email 'em to me and I'll post 'em. Just get 'em up here so we can tell you where you messed up! Kidding. Post 'em up.

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You are too a celebrity, and a damn good looking one at that.

7. Nads, don't sell yourself short now. You're a celebrity too and your fame has spread to the great state of Illinois. They even sing your your virtues on the license plates.

[​IMG]

8. Holy shit Nads,,,puhleeeeze get rid of the sticker. Yukkkkkkkkkkkk

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...uhhh...Nads is from Florida. I think that might be Oldcarmike's tag...:D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Nope Larry, that's not my car. I would never put a bumper sticker for any candidate, or anything, on any car I own. I spotted this plate on Congress in Chicago and I had to take a picture.

Besides, my plate would say NADLESS since the divorce....:(

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

She got them too, huh? Sucks.

FWIW, they DO grow back, ever so slowly.