Register now to get rid of these ads!

I lost my Son Cody and my HAMB family needs to hear my thoughts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Jan 21, 2008.

1. sskustoms

sskustoms

Sorry for your loss you and your family are in our thoughts.

2. AHotRod; God is around you and yours. If you call out to Him, and your heart's sincere, He WILL hear you- ask and you shall receive... -Betruger-

3. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Prayers for you and you Family and God Bless ...........

4. 40mopar

40mopar
    from Nashvegas

I cannot even imagine what you are going through right now, however, please know and understand that my prayers and my families prayers are with you and your family.

5. Movinman

Movinman

Glenn, words are useless here, I don't know what to say except that I am so sorry for your loss. What a terrible tragedy...

6. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

I'm so very sorry. I can't imagine the pain, my daughters are my life, and pray every day to keep them safe and that's all you really can do.
    Being able to tell your son, family members, you love them at all time is one big plus. I was able to tell my father and my brother how much I cared for them before they passed on, so glad I did.
    Thought and prayers, always OLY

7. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Glenn, so sorry for your loss.
    Godspeed, Cody.

8. pappatyrone

pappatyrone

so very sorry. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose one of my children. Hope you can find some happiness in remembering all the good times you shared. God bless you and your family.

9. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

If there is anything in life that should be more important than our old cars, its our family. Sounds like you've have your priorities straight the whole time, and that your son knew just how much you loved him...

Thanks for sharing your loss with all of us, and allowing us to think about our loved ones, and the precious, fragile, short life we have here on earth. I'll say a prayer for your family tonight, that God will comfort you and bring you together in these tough times. Hang in there, pal.

jay

Romans 8:28

10. two to many

two to many
    from Cadott WI

Glen

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, and your family.Always rember the good times.
    Todd

11. FONZI

FONZI

I will pray for God to give you and your family the strength to endure such a painfull loss. Your post was heartfelt and well put. Thank you for sharing, I am proud to be part of a group of people who could bring you and your family hope in a time like this.

FONZI

12. 31DAN

31DAN

Glenn, I'm so sorry...my son is about Cody's age, he had a son Brett, my grandson...Brett was born with heart problems....we only had him for four months, Brett got to see his first Christmas before he left last year....its hard very hard, but, time helps...then the great memories set in, I'm glad you had more time with Cody... more memories, I know that was even short!...God bless you and your family.

Attached Files:

13. GlenC

GlenC

Glenn, I know exactly how you feel, my sincere condolences to you and your family.

On the 19th of December last year I opened a news article on the web that informed me my 27 year old stepson had been killed in a crash when his tour bus (he was in a band) ran off the road in between gigs. My family is struggling to come to terms with our loss, the same as yours is.

There is no explanation for it, no reason why our young men should be taken from us so needlessly, it's just a crying shame.

Kind regards, Glen.

14. greaser

greaser

Glenn,
    Keep your memories of Cody close within your heart.
    May the angels walk with you, and help you with your sorrow.

15. skyrodder

skyrodder

16. deuceguy

deuceguy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a tough one, my thoughts are with you. I can't even imagine.

17. Brewton

Brewton

You and your family will be in my prayers. I'm so sorry for your loss!

18. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Sorry Man!!! Brings tears to my eyes..... We are here for you!!!

19. ccnova

ccnova

From my family and friends in South Dakota you will be in our prayers. We are so sorry for your loss.
    ccnova

20. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

Kudos to YOU for how well you are healing! You are writing about it, and all you said sounded like it was healthy to express. We'll all support you! Hang in there, so sorry.

21. Glenn,
    My deepest sympathies and prayers for the rest of your family and friends.
    A close friend of mine once told me "God wont give you anything more than you can handle. Just more than you think you can." I know that bit of advice sounds pretty hollow right now, and the pain feels never ending. The pain never really goes completely away but it slowly turns into those bittersweet memories you cherish forever.
    You were very blessed to have 25 years with him. In my line of work I see many lives that were cut too short.
    May God keep and hold you all.
    My meager prayers go up.

22. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

I had the chance to meet Glen this past spring when i was visiting Flordia. You will not find a more stand up guy here on the hamb. I look forward to talking more with you on my next trip. I'd like to hear about cody he was only a year younger then me and im sure you have some good storys about him. so save me some for my nect trip down would ya...

Sorry for your loss...
    Bryan

23. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Glenn I hope that you and your family will get through these hard times with your all of your memories of the good times you and your son had spent together. I can never imagine how you feel but I am praying for you and your family. With tears in my eyes and a lumpin my throat All I can think about is my four boys at this very moment. Again I really and truly hope the best for you and your family.

24. Gator

Gator

Glenn, sorry to hear of your loss. I wish I knew what to say to help ease your pain, but I can only say that all of our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

25. My prayers are with you and your family. VERY sorry for your loss.

26. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

My prayers to you and your family. We all know he is now in a better place, just wish I could say something more.
    Robert

27. I am so sorry for your loss and you and your family will be in my family's prayers.

28. [​IMG] I am so sorry to hear this....Joe

29. TMoney

TMoney

Wow!!! I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through. I am a fairly new dad and this must be the most trying time you will ever go through. Keep your head up man!!! My thoughts will be on you and yours for quite a while, i'm sure.

Ya know??? I have been so down on certain things lately and what I am going through is nothing compared to this. HAMB FAMILY...couldn't think of a better couple of words for what this thread shows. All the bickering and fighting on here, it's good to know we can all step away from all of that and give support to a brother.

Keep your head up Glenn!!!

30. williebill

williebill

Glenn,I am so sorry..as a father to 2 kids in their 20s,I can't imagine what you're going through..Thank you for taking the time to write and post the pictures of Cody.