Register now to get rid of these ads!

I like this guy's style....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McKee, Apr 21, 2006.

1. The thing that has always amazed me about his work is that the cars are drawn in good proportions, not stretched or in some way misrepresented. This is more true to life and therefore they make me realize that his concepts are "do-able". No wonder he has inspired so many builds! Thank you Steve, and also everyone who has taken the time to post those scans.

2. FASI

FASI

Steve did a '49 Cad Sedanette for a possible build by Steve's Auto Restoration of Portland, OR and there was a picture of it in Hot Rod about 3 or 4 years ago. Would love to see it on here if someone has it to scan. As others have said, his sense of proportion is exact. He has some nice work shown in the Chicken Scratcin' book by Dwayne Vance as well.

3. weez

weez

Very funny... that's NOT him in that photo!

4. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

If he's not the best, he's damn close to the top. He even stole my thunder too... I was thinking of some new graphics back in the 80's or 90's and came up with the opposite of flames... waves crashing over the hood of my soon to be painted '62 Chevy Short box. before I could pull out the fine line his rendering was in Hot Rod of the whole SPLASH graphics. it wasn't long before you could buy stickers of them at O'reilly's.
    CHEERS X3 for his work on the '58 Chevy in the latest R&C, that is the FINEST '58 I've EVER seen. what blows my mind about Steve is I read he is mostly self taught. What an insperation

5. Deadender60

Deadender60

One of my favorites!

-Juan

6. LabRat

LabRat

LOL , Will the real Steve Stanford please stand up ....

0903sr_19_z+salina_kansas_28th_leadsled_spectacular+steve_stanford.jpg

7. Mark I

Mark I

Better pick up the newest issue of SRP. Summer, 2011.

Mark

8. Jon being Jon

Jon being Jon

Steve's work is the very icon of automotive art! His stuff is what comes to mind when I think of automotive illustration. It is what a car dreamer such as myself loves to see. His art is a gift.

9. Ed Zackley

Ed Zackley
    from Hokeyhomey

I always thought that the Roadgatti ought to have a 110 Offy in it (or maybe a bigger one) since Ettore Buggatti took some inspiration from Larry Miller. I mean Harry Miller. And since the Miller is somewhat of an evolution of the Ford banger. Did anyone build that yet?

10. Jon being Jon

Jon being Jon

If that is referring to what has been called the Roadgatti, an artist by the name of Greg Spradlin has taken credit for it. See link:

http://www.gregspradlin.com/custom-artwork/full-color/roadgatti/

11. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

12. Janne

Janne

13. koolkemp

koolkemp

Steve is the best!!

14. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike