Register now to get rid of these ads!

I like big girls!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by heavytlc, Apr 1, 2011.

1. 69fury

69fury

That, sir, is a proper truck. Good score!

-rick

2. heavytlc

heavytlc

It is dirty, I did not say it was covered in red clay mud.

3. schwerko

schwerko
    from bristol ct

4. terry48435

terry48435

Sweet, Guess I'm hooked on BIG girls now.

5. Looks nice, you might look into mandrel bent tube. That is what I used for my COE flatbed, got 2x4 mandrel bends from Art Morrison (the high end chassis guys). I bought two large U-bent pieces for the front and back. See my initial construction of the bed here which shows the rounded corners:

[​IMG]

This picture show before the rear fenders were put on:

[​IMG]

6. Lets see you get pissed off and pound the dash out of one of these beautys!! No carpets no console, no plastic crap or padding. Built for work and driven by men ,and when you hit somethin with these you killed it!!

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

big girls and a hoarder... :D

sounds like a reality tv show.

8. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Nice truck. If it was mine I would be building a matching 5th wheeler type trailer to do all the work.

9. havi

havi

And it's made in the good ol'

Attached Files:

10. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

11. Reman

Reman
    from Florida

Jason that is a great truck. I love it! The only thing I might do before any heavy road hauling would be to store the 272 and add a 390 or such. Would be pretty easy to do. Please post pictures as you update it. Ron

12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very nice truck!

But why did you mount the tiny shed on the back?

[​IMG]

13. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

And a very nice truck indeed. I'd enjoy owning this one, and I have been pondering my next truck.
    Post updates frequently.......... with more pictures please !

Very nice indeed. I'm seriously considering what the $$ might be if I took on a road tractor project, possibly with a Rockwell tandem from a M-35, and overdriven high so it can be used on open road hwy.
    Tom S. in Tn.

14. heavytlc

heavytlc

I read your build thread on the bed. I am not sure what I am going build. The old girl is much bigger than I was expecting. The cab is normal but the truck is like a day cab semi. I will not be able to get a full 8' bed but it will be 92" wide.

15. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

it's a thing of beauty. all it needs is a blower sticking out of the hood...

16. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

man that thing is well done, i need one

17. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

a little fabrication tip.................

i have made my own radius corners before and they are very easy.
    1. depending on the size of square or rectangular tubing you are using take the 2 pieces and set them corner so as to have an open notch at the corner
    2. get a piece of conduit or the type of tubing used for comercial sprinkler systems that is usually a .120 wall.
    3. cut a piece the length of the height of your tubing.
    4. now take the section of the tubing and cross cut it so you have 4 equal pieces.
    5. one of the quater pieces should fit perfectly in the corner.
    6. if the section is cut 2 times the thiclness of your square tube you can now use a hole saw the diameter of your tubing and cut out a disk and cut it in quarters and you have the tops and bottoms for your corners and when all welded up and sanded to match the radius of the tubing it will match and no one will be able to tell if it was mandrel bent or you made them.

18. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Love that ol truck....drove a '56 stake side hauling plastic pipe back in 1965 in So. Cal. that old Y-block was a running son of a gun!

19. heavytlc

heavytlc

I have also done it using flat plate a torch and hand cutting the top and bottom. I was kinda thinking a 24-37" high bed with a round radius top and bottom. Think vintage welding bed. I will post pics when I get started.

I was supposed to be in Maxton for the ECTA races tomorrow, but I will have to go to work. I was Having a great day, It just started to suck

20. 47Ford - 1.5Ton

47Ford - 1.5Ton

I'm definately a fan of this thread.....

Feel free to take a peak at my build thread if you ever wanna daily driver it...

Nothing like a 2 ton truck on independent front, 4 link rear, all on air, hydroboosted disc brakes and power steering.....

Mines a a big old girl from 10 feet away but shes a beauty when you look underneath......

21. havi

havi

Only thing I'd change, is to put a 5th wheel receiver on it, and use it to tow cars and such. My 2 cents. Perhaps a 5th wheel in the flatbed. (what I'm looking to do with my F6)

EDIT: Changed my post to sound less derogatory.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  22. heavytlc

heavytlc

I am building a bed, adding cast y block headers and duals. That is it. This one is far from a project. I have plenty of projects. Yes I would love to swap a nv4500/nv5600 and 12 valve cummings, but that is not going to happen with this truck.

23. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

I love the 57 Jason, one of my favorite one year only body styles. One of the cars for sale isnt the Fairlane is it? Mine still has no paint, but maybe soon?

24. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Hell Yes...I LIKE it!!!!!!!!!!

25. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

5th wheel or semi trailer would work well considering it has the turntable and as I stated earlier would be what I would do. As for swapping in a Cummins (even though I have on in my F4) when the Y block is such a good motor I have to agree the Y block would stay if I had that truck.

26. Oldsmobucket

Oldsmobucket

awesome truck! i saw it on my way home from work in the orielys parking lot. that truck is awesome.

27. heavytlc

heavytlc

No the Fairlane is not one of them. Actually only 2 are Hamb friendly, and I think they are both heading to new homes. I would keep the Fairlane even if I could not pay the power bill. It is just me and some dogs, not like I worry about a wife or kids eating or staying warm.

I would trade my 1956 f100 driver for a 1957 f100 fleetside in a heartbeat. I was actually looking for a 1957 panel truck when I found the f600.

28. Yum! I'd like to drive that.

29. rockher_man

rockher_man

Man...that is one sexy truck! Outstanding!...:cool:...

"I am in the process of selling 13 car/motorcycles."...:eek:...WOW...sounds
    like there is some "downsizing" goin' on....just curious...where are these 13
    listed?

Again...excellent score...I'll keep an eye on this thread...I can't wait to see how this ends up!...

-

30. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Neat old truck. Have some fun with it.