Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I know no one will read this...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike VV, Feb 23, 2020.

1. southerncad

southerncad

Along the same line, READ the whole post before giving advice, so many times, the O.P. says its fixed, and folks keep giving other answers to the question...

2. raymay

raymay

I can agree that providing detailed information is very important when asking for help in solving a problem. I also know that I do not have a chance in hell of getting anyone to help me find my 12 point, 10mm, silver, Craftsman, 3/8", socket that seems to be missing somewhere near where it was last seen in one of the 3 bays in my Garage or maybe if it got a good rolling start, somewhere in Upstate New York.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

What's a Henway?:D

Some of these posts remind me of swap meet guys. Buyer asks, "What does this intake manifold fit?". Seller: "What do you got?", Buyer:"A 327 Chevy", seller:"Oh yeah, it'll fit", buyer hands over the cash and walks away with an FE manifold!

I have seen a couple of threads on here asking for advice and then when pretty much everyone tells them the same thing they proceed to ignore it all and do what they want anyway. :confused::D

bchctybob likes this.
  4. Best to make it short,
    Most wont read past 7th word anyways.

5. So I have a start a new frigging thread and a please please please search old threads. Can't even get concensus on how to ask a question around here.

6. bchctybob

bchctybob

While you are right about this most of the time, there are always posts that just beg for a smart assed response. Gotta remember that this is the internet with millions of varying senses of humor and varying tolerance for a stupid question or a good question stupidly asked. This isn’t “Dear Abby or ask Miss Manners” it’s a bunch of hot rod hoodlums. It’s like asking a bar full of drunks if you smell bad.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Haven't you heard ,this is the kinder , gentler h.a.m.b. , you must not criticize or express any negativity , if you do the clique will descend on you and then block and ignore you , Oh heaven forbid..LOL sure isn't what it was 10 years ago !

8. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

What color should I paint my car?

9. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

10. rudestude

rudestude

I think it's not too far off when the question will be ...Does anyone have any thoughts on "Body Wrap" design and color combos that would be traditional for my Hot Rod, or Kustom ?
    I haven't kept up on this body wrap stuff...is anyone doing it on Hot Rods or Kustoms...with the cost of paint and the regulations on it getting tougher and for those that are so into the fake patina stuff I would think it might be away to go.
    I have seen some some wild drag sedans with some crazy patina looking paint work that I guessed was probably a body wrap.

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

I am working on a 57 chevy deuce coupe with a Blown Small block Hemi Nailhead and twin turbos. I am having trouble getting a11 5 cylinders to fire. any suggestions? :D:D

j3harleys likes this.
  12. woodsnwater

woodsnwater
    from North Al.

Yeah, don't lock your keys in it!

Bandit Billy likes this.
  13. kevinrevin

kevinrevin
    from East Texas

HEY, I'm building a car, and I'mma start a new thread about it every day I do something to it, or whenever I have a new thought about it.

14. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Says the man with exactly 7 words:cool:

15. Ohhh one of my favorite type

I’m working on a 37 henway I got from my neighbors uncle over in bumfug. It had a 350 combo with a 292 cam, solid lifters, 2x4 induction, special curved Mallory, and accompanying ignition system. It’s also got a I’ve lost you already and nobody is paying any attention to what I’ve written but I’ll keep rambling on and on bout changes and modifications. Might even speak about a battery and it’s cables but not say one word about my dash. Then they ask why the fuel gauge isn’t working.
    Man I love those

chryslerfan55 and Bandit Billy like this.
  16. 19Fordy

19Fordy

The post that is the continuous run on sentence is always a winner if you know what I mean as has been said earlier.:eek:

Bandit Billy likes this.
  17. 9Manchu

9Manchu

Since we're quoting from one of my favorite movies, I'll quote from one of my favorite books: "There was only one catch and that was Catch-22."

18. trollst

trollst

The ones I love....OP asks what is wrong, gets a ton of responses and either argues or denies the diagnosis, then picks out a poster and rips them apart. Right Vick?

19. I can’t recall that ever happening :rolleyes:

Bandit Billy and trollst like this.
  20. Unfortunately, the only people who will read this thread are the ones who already know how to pose a question with the pertinent details. You can work hard to educate one mouth breather but in the meantime, a dozen others will be spawned.
    It's like when my son was still a little squirt and we were at the beach. His happy comfort zone was jumping around waist deep in the surf but pretty often a wave would wash completely over his head. After about a half dozen times of getting dunked, he looked at me and said, "Dad, when's it going to stop?" I told him that it's just the nature of things, the waves were going to keep coming and that he better learn to roll with it.

21. I read it but you're preaching to the choir here.

You are spot on my friend. :cool:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. I know no one will read this...

With this being the 83 reply I think you misjudged your audience, the thread has been viewed 2,850 times at this point in time. HRP

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

It's reverse psychology Danny.
    If the thread read don't you dare read this, or read this or else, the results might be different. :D

24. :D

25. Roothawg

Roothawg

This!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dana barlow likes this.
  26. steveareno

steveareno

Nobody told me that communication is important!

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  27. The most important part of communication is listening. In a written format, such as this that requires reading, full and accurate reading and reading comprehension. Yet some think it is ok to depart from the standard acceptable written formatting rules and take offense when they aren’t understood. It’s kinda like mumble and talking to Dustin Hoffman in rainman.

28. definitely, definitely not wearing my underwear

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  29. Country Joe

Country Joe

862e1418fe7e0f42307969807df1a2af.jpg

Bandit Billy and chryslerfan55 like this.