Register now to get rid of these ads!

I know, I know another What's it Worth? thread; '35 Chevy Standard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayfarer, Aug 10, 2010.

1. wayfarer

wayfarer

I've been a member here for a long time and I hate these threads as much as anybody, but I didn't know where else to ask. This car belongs to my buddy's Mom. Her husband, who was a close friend of mine also bought it 20 years ago to be his next hot rod project. After finishing his '34 Ford, a car for his oldest son, and starting one for his youngest, he passed away suddenly at an early age. She's held on to the car, but we've been trying to talk her into selling it. She's finally agreed to find out what it might be worth. The car is a '35 Chevy Standard four door sedan. It came from Moscow, ID. and has been in Spokane for the past 20 years, most of that time in a garage, but always under cover. The car is totally complete, right down to the upholstery and glass without any cracks. They drove it around when they first got it, so I'm sure it would run with a litle work. I went over there today and took some pictures; it was kind of hidden so I did the best I could. As far as I can tell, there's no rust in the entire car. All of the wood I could see looked to be in pretty good condition and all of the doors open and close. The main body has a small tear in the back panel, but other than that it's completely straight. The fenders have some dents, as would be expected and the front passenger fender is torn. The car has a perfect grille and hood. Someone could do a little mechanical update and drive the car as is. All I'm looking for is some kind of idea of what it may be worth in order for her to think about selling it. She has the title. Any help you could give me would be appreciated. Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Topper

Topper

I also have a friend who has a 35 Chevy for sale. I saw his car before he started and it was in original condition with no major bodywork. He paid $8,000.00 for the car. He passed away three weeks ago and it is on ebay now. I hope this helps.

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

There was a 2 door version on here a couple years ago that sold for $4000 to a Soldier that was overseas, he was a hamb member here also. I looked at buying it, it was about the same condition running and all.

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

Sorry it was a 36, pretty nice though.

5. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Sadly, if probably isn't worth as much today as it was a couple of years ago. You might keep a eye on the ebay listing that was mentioned before.

6. The fact that it's a flatback gives it some more value- much more desirable than a humpback with the trunk. Even if the body's shot (which it doesn't appear to be), someone would pay good money for the rear of the body to use as a graft.

7. '35 Master - 8/10 Old Cars Report:

#5 (complete in need of total restoration): $2800
    #4 (Good; drivable but obviously needs paint, interior or restoration): $4600

It looks like asking #4 price for it wouldn't be pushing it, it may not be drivable as it sits, but if it runs, the rest is easy.

Book only shows one sedan for '35 Standard, so presumably there is no trunk sedan (perhaps Master only).

8. wayfarer

wayfarer

Thanks for the help guys, I'll pass on the information.