Register now to get rid of these ads!

i know a lot of people Bitch about their neighbors....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shaggy, Apr 3, 2012.

1. I've tried that. The whole offering to go in half to take the hedge down? Never giving him shit or calling the cops when he was having his loud ass parties until 2am? I tried the better man thing, bud.

Can we drop this now?

2. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Maybe there is hope for the human race!

3. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Well ill be a son of a beep

4. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

5. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

6. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

If you don't think you have a bad neighbor your probably it.

7. Zerk

Zerk

Nobody ever gave me a car:confused:...HEY!:mad::eek:

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Goddam teabaggers...:p

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Well, I guess we straightened THAT FNG out!:D

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Major missed opportunity here...

11. Hell he'll never make another peep until after he buys credability. Then his buddy will chime in about whiners.

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ouch! That guy left a bad taste in your mouth. Ok, just to cheer you up, I will tell you a "lesbian friend" story. Few years back, before I got married, a "buddy" of mine who was not real swift started giving me grief about spending a lot of time with this slightly butchy bi woman. She was a lot of fun and pretty good company. Couple weeks later, I ran into said "buddy" but this time I had this smoking hot, skinny little red-head on my arm. So he grabs me by the elbow, and says "HOLEEE SHIT! Where did you meet her?" I just looked at him, and said "remember you were giving me grief about the company I keep? Well this is her friend that she hooked me up with". Dumbass looked like I'd hit him between the eyes with a hammer.

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Not on topic for this thread but you guys have just put a smile on my face this evening.........................THANK YOU!!!!!

Frank

14. I am not sure how it works but my best hunting when it came to gurls has never had anything to do with how nice my car or bike was. It was always when I had a lady for my wing man.

of course maybe if I owned classy cars instead of majoring on going fast it would have been a different story. Damned shamefull on my part i have had my hand in the building of a really nice car or bike over the years and never really owned a nice one myself.

But I do have good neighbors, sometimes.

Oh I ment to say:
    frank,
    glad we could be of service. ;)

Have an excellent night.

15. rayjon

rayjon
    from Reno Nv..

Cool neighbor, mine are cool, car guy hamb friendly on one side and a truck guy behind me..

On the hedge roundup in a water balloon works, or if you want it dead fast Inject the base of the trunk will be dead in a week... Then offer to help the neighbor remove it so you don't feel so bad about killing it...

16. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

whoa Dr. Phil....you may be onto something,,,,,I think I have great neighbors and now i figger out I'm the problem! I'm in crisis!

17. Don't sweat it. You are no doubt in good company. Of course I have never been a bad neighbor in my lifetime, always been a model citizen myself. ;)

18. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Years ago Iknocked a can of some herbicide over on my own tree---it went away regardlessof how much water I put on it........so, invest in several cans of roundup and forget the water on that effin' hedge.

19. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Great neighbour of yours, good to have cool neighbours. I've got a scrap metal guy thats been the offical scrap guy around here for 30 years or so. He stops by every now and then with old car parts he thinks i may be interested in.

Beaner there is a reason for this. We are the best in the world:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Someone mention tea? 1 sugar in mine cheers and pass the cucumber sandwiches;)

20. hogridenfool

hogridenfool
    from chicago

living in chicago your neighbors are closer than you might think,just 3 ft away an average lot is 25 ft wide,but my neighbors are cool with me,plus I've lived here on the same block since I was a kid,and they put up with me and all of my cars and motorcycles,running them all hours of the day and night.
    I had a few that have moved in and tried to bust my ball's but they found calling the police did'nt do any good(most of them know me)they would tell me who called and just cool it for the night,but after a while they would have car trouble or need help and I would be there to help them out,but the most I ever got was cases of beer!
    nice I would rather get a car....

21. CGkidd

CGkidd

Where are the pics Shaggy?

22. Not talking about Brits, even the Brits I didn't like were good folks. I was referring to an American in particular. Long story like in two yards long. Two yards is a lot for the average American but they say its good for what ales ya. :D

The phrase was actually

I guess unless you were enlisted in the service of the US Govt. you wouldn't catch bubble head.

Well lets not ad any more drama to this thread than has already be done. The 'beaner included.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  23. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Great neighbor Shaggy.

I live in a court (culdesac) for some of you. No car guys at all

in the neighborhood. It's so quiet here, I can hear the fish in my pond

fart. :p When I work in the shop, I do it, as quiet as possible, I don't

need anyone snooping or scoping out my stuff. :cool:

24. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

To have a good neighbor, one must be a good neighbor.

Godspeed
    MrC.

25. For reference, these were taken this morning. You can imagine what it looks like by June.....

[​IMG]

That's not an optical illusion, it's actually higher than the power line in spots:
    [​IMG]

It's been fairly dry this Spring, so the grass is actually growing here. Usually it's a mud pit where the shadow of the house is because it only gets sun for an hour or two in the morning:
    [​IMG]

26. The power company will probably top them if you call. Nice thing about a hedge is that it does provide a certain amount of privacy and works well to deaden sound.

BTW I don't know where the property line is but if they are not either on the line or on your side of the line you should probably not touch them. Clip what hangs over and leave the rest alone. Do I need to say how I know?

27. It's just on the other side of the line, the right edge of the pole is the dividing line, so I've been told.
    Power Company wouldn't be bothered with it, not until there's a problem. I asked. "Budget Restraints" they said. I suppose I can understand that.
    It blocks line of sight nicely, but does nothing for sound since all the bulk is high up. Which also make it lean one way or the other when in full bloom.

This is my dilemma, I can't touch it legally. We trim the overhang, but that's all we can do.

I just wanted folks to see I'm not being unreasonable about this eyesore. It really is as huge as I said it is. There's nothing else like this thing anywhere in the neighborhood.

28. Clik

Clik

People usually freak over the big thick covered wires. They are usually phone lines. it's that skinny uncovered wire that attaches to the ceramic insulators that you have to worry about.

29. I'm guessing the top wire is power then. That means the bottom two are phone (which we don't have a house phone anyway) and cable tv. The next worst thing to losing power, is losing my cable!! :D

30. Clik

Clik

I'm no electrician but I think the bare wire at the top that goes from pole to pole is high voltage DC and has to go to a transformer and get converted to AC before going into your house. The lines going to your house may be insulated or bare. If they are bare they most likely have ceramic insulators and then go to covered wire. Maybe an electrician or power guy will chime in.