Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Just Flew In From the Broken Dream Kruise...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BARNETT, Aug 17, 2004.

1. ...and boy are my arms tired. bdum-shhh. [​IMG]

THANKS to all you well mannered hoodlums, for coming out...it was a great time! I'm on sensory overload!!

First....the DEADBEATS are proudly claiming ROADSTAR as our own!!! He's always been a DEADBEAT DAD, but now he's a complete DEADBEAT! The Grey and White never looked better on anyone! [​IMG]

Hammerin Hank...definitely wins the "Biggest Balls on the Planet" award! [​IMG] I'm still laughing at the sheer audacity! [​IMG] Multiple doughnuts...ON WOODWARD...right before the Dream Cruise!!!! That's just too much! Ray and Unkl Ian were standing there laughing their asses off with me. I never saw so many hard core rodders trying to pick their jaws up off the ground, before! [​IMG]

Ron Palmer, a.k.a. "Nailhead60"...winner of the "Nothin Will Stop Me" award! Drove from Kansas in his 60 Buick (Moon 'Tang), ran over a cinder block that fell offa some jack-ass' truck in front him...It took him almost twice as long to get to Detroit...about 29 hours....and he STILL had nothin but laughs and smiles for everyone! Easily the coolest person in the world. He drove Moon 'Tang home, through a major Chicago construction traffic jam, with a less than perfect rear axle and brake set up after the BDK...next year I'll be rolling into Detroit too...Ron's making me feel like a slacker.

Got to hang out with Ray and Unkl Ian a little...not nearly enough though. [​IMG] I can't believve how busy we were! I had NO intention of working THAT much. People just wouldn't take "no" for an answer. Ray...THANKS AAIN! for the gift...I will be painting you something...it's not gonna measure up to the coolness of the gift you gave me, but I'll do what I can! Ian...thanks for the panel and Tabasco bottle and brush! I'm lookin forward to tryin the brush...got lots of work this week, so I'm sure I'll be putting it to use! I think I'm leaving my brushes at home next year!

Met a BUNCH of HAMBers!!! Man...the place was crawling with 'em! [​IMG] It was really cool getting to put some faces with the names...wish I coulda b.s'd a little more, though. Next year, we'll chat more since I'm not gonna paint. [​IMG]

Big thanks to DEADBEAT Jime' and his wife, Pat, for giving me and Antichrysler a nice place to crash for several days...and for all the homemade sweets!

I only got to take a few pics, and they're kinda weak since it was late in the day and the light source was starting to suck.
    Here's a ccouple of pics. DBF!

Attached Files:

2. This bike F*ckin RULES! DEADBEAT Jason...

Attached Files:

3. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Damn gangsters... [​IMG]

4. One of my favorite rides at the BDK...smooooooooth. Roger's (?) truck, from the PoorBoys.

Attached Files:

5. Nice...Dirty's p.u. and Chris' Alexander Bros. Starliner.

Attached Files:

6. looks like you all had a smokin' good time...hope AuntiC wasn't too hard on Detroit! [​IMG]

7. Dan you "ROCK" more that ever [​IMG]

I couldn't have had a better time. And I am still in shock. I won't let you guys down either, I've been a DEADBEAT DAD for years and I will show you all how much of a DEADBEAT I can really be [​IMG] [​IMG]

The gathering this year was stellar. Hopefully we can keep it as a party for our friends instead of an event type deal.

And yes HAMMER HANK wins the MAN OF THE YEAR award for sure with his unpresadented THREE complete doughnuts in the middle of one of the most famous cruising roads in the world.

Ron Palmer is the Coolest guy I have ever met and it is always a pleasure to be in his company.

Patrick, I hope you had a good time, It sure looked to me like you did [​IMG].

And lastly, ladies,ALWAYS make sure the seat on the porta potty is UP before use [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

DEADBEATS ROCK!!!

9. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Thanks again for an AWESOME show guys!!!

You're right Denise.... Deadbeats rock!

10. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Cool to finally meet ya in person, Dan...was starting to think you were some sorta Urban Myth or sumthin' after swingin' by the booth a few times...

"Where's Barnett?"
    "Oh, he's around...no, wait...he's gone again!"

Rock star! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Broken Dream Kruise rose to new heights this year...just keeps getting bigger and better and the people involved make it unforgettable!

Hammer Hank set the bar pretty high with his little show...but I'm sure he'll find a way to top himself at the NEXT gathering! Purebred RULER!!!

Congrats to the newest old Deadbeat...Roadstar Rocks!!! [​IMG]

Thanks for a helluva party, Guys! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. [ QUOTE ]
    Cool to finally meet ya in person, Dan...was starting to think you were some sorta Urban Myth or sumthin' after swingin' by the booth a few times...

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

Denise...did you get any pics? I didn't hardly get to talk to to you, this visit AND I never got my ride in Big Olds! [​IMG] I'm still stoked on the factory fender peaks and the new hood peak...can't wait to see it all painted up!

Rudy...we're sure you'll live up (down?) to the title of DEADBEAT! [​IMG] Now we have a full range of 40's in the club...Jerry O's 40 Chevy, Detroit Jerry's 40 Ford and your Voodoo Child!

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Dan, even though our conversation was short lived it was a pleasure to chat with you per usual.

Yep, got a few photos but really haven't had too much time to go thru them and post. I've been swamped at work during the day, making cookies at nite and giving Big Olds the twice over to make sure he's ready to roll on Thursday morning for the HAMB Drags. I'll try make it a point tonight, if I have any good ones, to post them.

Looks like I'm just going to have to come to TX in Big Olds and kidnapped you to make sure you get that ride. [​IMG]

BARNETT ROCKS! [​IMG]

13. Yeah...I forgot to mention the complete lack of cookies! I'll be back for Autorama...we'll go for a spin in the nice crisp, clean, downtown Detroit air! [​IMG]

By the way....here's the poster from this year's BDK. Created by world famous Jeff Shea! Screened on metal. The first couple dozen were "rusted to perfection" after being screened, then the remaining posters were sold in their cleaner, shinier, pre-rusted condition.

Attached Files:

14. antichrysler

antichrysler

The DEADBEATS are da BOMB!!!!

That is the coolest show ever. There isn't another show in that can possibly claim to have more cool cars, or cool people per square foot. The parking lot was small but the rides were sooo freaking dope that it was like sensory overload at one point.

Dan if you get a chance, can you post a picture of Tony's sedan. This kid doesn't even have a drivers license, and his car is amazing.

Hopefully, some of the known lurkers will read this.

RACE..."HER NAME IS JEN!!" CB2 in the house. Thanks for showing me Hollywood Knights. I'll finish that movie soon. Oh, and thanks for showing me your "I heart Jimmy Shine" bumber sticker that was cool. [​IMG]

Steve a.k.a CB, I LOL'd when I saw you were flashing the CB sign. I'm glad I got to hang with you this weekend I had a great time. Tell Kary (SP?) we'll have the bake-off next year. Barnett is working on the trophy...It won't be nearly as cool as the sign. She and J did an amazing job.

Jerry...thanks for the invite to the block party and for that extremely quick ride in the '40... I love that car. Sorry 'bout the spark plug. [​IMG]

Jime and Pat, what can I say. I really appreciate the northern hospitality. I enjoyed the hell out of my stay. You two are the best. Viva la flan!

Congrats to Rudy and to the Deadbeats. Now, the Deadbeats have a little class...What the hell? [​IMG]

Rudy, I had a blast. They don't call me Patty 2 Drinks for nothing. That reputation was earned, buddy.

I'm glad to see Ron made it home. Ron is the best. I'm sorry we couldn't reschedule pistons and paint. Enjoy the blue grass.

Jeff Shea, thanks for running us around in the murder Van and shooting flames on unsuspecting people. [​IMG]

The Rambling is done. However, i would like to mention that I'm surprised that I made it out of Detroit with only the slightest amount of nut busting thrown my way. Dan didn't fare so well, and I drank just as much Starbucks. HUH? [​IMG]

15. talent,part1...Ron a.k.a, Nailhead60...

Attached Files:

16. talent,part2...JerryO...

Attached Files:

17. talent,part 3...Jime'...

Attached Files:

18. Our sign...hand crafted, from a 60 Pontiac hood, by DEADBEAT Jason and Kari (wife of DEADBEAT Steve). The letters are not only made of metal, but each one was boxed, as well. Outta control!

Attached Files:

19. Draggins+...

Attached Files:

20. MikeO

MikeO
    from MI

Dan it was great to see you again cant wait till autorama [​IMG] you keep puttin talent by everyones name and I have to say that is an understatement you guys are all WAY ABOVE talent. Thanks to all the deadbeats for a great time Ive been wishing I was still there the last couple days I have to say that was one of the best days Ive ever had. Great people great cars great food and did I say great people [​IMG]

21. Mike...it was really good to see . Cool lookin late model truck you cruised out! Let's see some pics of the helmets and stuff you painted.... [​IMG]

22. MikeO

MikeO
    from MI

Thanks (about the truck) but I didnt take any pics [​IMG]

23. Wow! Somebody worse than me about documenting work! [​IMG]

All of these nice, clear pics I'm posting are from Kari...don't want anyone thinking my camera skills are improving. [​IMG]

Never get enough of Rudy's 40...

Attached Files:

24. Steve,Ron and AntiChrysler (Patrick)...don't ask. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. MikeO

MikeO
    from MI

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow! Somebody worse than me about documenting work!

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah I know I should get more pics When people say lets see your work I just have to say let me show you when its finished [​IMG] and my wife has a photography business [​IMG]

26. All I can say is WOW! That really looked like my kind of get together. Next year!...cannot come soon enough. I guess I'll have to get my "DEADBEAT" fix at the Autorama. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dan, great pics and there must of been alot of cool art going on. Man, there were some great rides too.

Roadstar a DEADBEAT! Very cool. Congraulations!

Youse guys got it going on up there! [​IMG]

Joel [​IMG]

27. G.D. Charley! [​IMG] [​IMG]

28. nailhead60

nailhead60

That show was outta this world !!
    The people
    The rides
    The art
    The place
    And the food !!!!
    Thank You !! Cant wait to do it again !!
    Rear axle comes out this weekend to be straightened !!
    I wonder if I woke up Ryan in Kansas City yelling
    CANT STOP ?

29. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

Deadbeats rule this town this is the most fun event of the summer here it gets better every year