Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Just CAN'T stop GRINNING!!! (New Project!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steel Phoenix, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Steel Phoenix

Steel Phoenix

Thanks to my husband running into a former coworker at Swanx Fall Fiasco, we were hooked up with this amazing heap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1950 Buick 2 door!!! no motor but we're also picking up two 455's to make into one.

We pick it up on Saturday! I may be more than a bit late for the Rumblers show... BUT ITS WORTH IT!!!

I'll have more pics later... right now I'm doing the happy dance! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I can hardly contain myself! I've been drooling over a 1950 Buick for a while now.

happyhappyjoyjoy!!

2. AKATIREGUY

AKATIREGUY

<font color="red"> WOW
    Looks pertie!
    Whats with that bumper grill combo? I always thought the 50 buick had that cool bucktooth grill. </font>
    [​IMG]
    Looks like you might have a 1951 bumper/grill. Still super cool. (pun intended)

3. 47lincsled

47lincsled

Are you gonna chop that fat girl.That would be cool,and different.Looks like a great starting point.

4. Steel Phoenix

Steel Phoenix

I definitely plan on chopping it... that's what I've been wanting to do ever since I decided I wanted a '50 Buick. Gotta get it running first. Starting is going to be a bit off though, we still have to finish my husband's car. Just more incentive now.

And AKATIREGUY, it has a different grill, probably off of a '51... so I'll probably be on the lookout for the 1950 grill eventually.

happydance! [​IMG]

5. here is a 3" whack I did on a woody[faux painted one!]

6. Steel Phoenix

Steel Phoenix

Oh, THAT's beautiful! [​IMG]

7. redbeard

redbeard

Congats that thing is very cool. you are going to have
    some fun with that one.

8. Sport N Woode

Sport N Woode
    from Middle TN

That ROCKS!!!!! It's gonna be one cool ride.

Enjoy that happy dance!

9. bigfive

bigfive
    from south L.A.

cool project!

10. heres another 3"chop on a 51 Hardtop

11. Steel Phoenix

Steel Phoenix

Now THAT is a nice chop!

We had quite an adventure getting her home today. She was on a trailer when we went to look, but it was kinda scary. After several attempts at trying to get a correct ball for the trailer hitch... we said "fuck it" and called a towing company. Lots of fun out in the rain, but we got her home!

More pics to come...

Happy Dance!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Cool, gotta love thos old Buffords. Yours needs a little dental work, reminds me of a few guys I dirt tracked with. Took about 6 of 'em to make a whole set of teeth. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Steel Phoenix

Steel Phoenix

A little dental work? Nah, she needs a whole new set of teeth! [​IMG]

14. My friend Deborah used to own this stocker, she finally unloaded it after multiple attempts to seal up the exhaust on the straight 8... We used to have a great time shining the spotlight in peoples faces and sometime when your a little older I'll tell you about the incident with the deaf guy...

Attached Files: