Register now to get rid of these ads!

I just bought a SUPER clean 33 Ford pickup!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, May 16, 2010.

1. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

that belongs to Bruce of Bruces Rod Shop in Spring Tx

2. couverkid

couverkid

Looks like it has model a rear fenders.That is funny my 34 pu which my uncle bought in 1958 has model a rear fenders since then or earlier. Neat little pickup.

3. Yeah Bruce said the same thing, the beads look a little different. Oh well, it'll work :D

4. You seem to find all the cool stuff, nice truck.

CBB

5. Did we address how much it was actually purchased for? pretty please?

6. big creep

big creep

7. couverkid

couverkid

Oh yes that is a very nice old pickup.

8. Coupes, we need coupes :D

9. draggler

draggler

Man that is by far really a sweet surviving find !

10. Update,

I figured out why it wouldn't run too well. It ran OK, but would crap out and not start and such. It was simply a bad coil. Got that figured out and been toolin around in it all weekend!

11. Must you gloat? Chris we are only human, we can only be happy for you for so long then the happy turns to hate... just kidding. Great pickup!

My dad and I thrashed for a week and have only just begun on his 33, we would have been soooo much farther along buying a runner... but then again that would have required cash... and I'm typically so broke I can't pay attention.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473875

12. 21tat

21tat

Amazing! Love it. Have fun.

13. I have been following your thread on that, looks like a fun project! Love the louvered hood

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I was almost over selling my '34 PU and you had to post this.:) That is one sweet PU and I haven't seen one in that condition for over 30 years. All of them that I come across now are butchered in some way, never stock or stock looking. It would be a sin to remove the fenders from that one. Just V8 power it, dropped axle, hydraulic brakes (if it doesn't already have them). I'm happy for you BUT not as happy as if I had found it.:eek::D

Frank

15. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Looks like it might have a chevy bumper too. Cool truck!

16. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Chris, That is one neat pickup. I can see you checking out swap meets and chowing down at the Hot Dog stand !

17. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

That Spring worked perfect, Thanks again! Get that thing running, time is ticking away! I just bought some sports coupe quarters from your buddy. Need to try to make them fix a roadster.

18. olskool34

olskool34

I think I need to leave the Hamb, all you guys just buy whatever you want, did you win the lotto or something? Vice president of a huge corporation or something? I am so jealous, it seems every week you post a thread about buying something and we are the same age. Damn, ruined my day. I need to go bang my head against something.

19. No need to leave the H.A.M.B. just become "GOOD" friends with your local banker, you'll be amazed at what you can buy and sell with a 90-day note. :D

I can't speak for Chris, but I was raised in Spokane, by a car-addicted father who would buy it first, then figure out how to pay for it later. In fact, the first car I bought after getting my driver's license was bought on a 30-day note. I remember my father's words still to this day "we own it, now we just have to figure out how to pay for it?" Remember what they say about an American Express Card "Don't leave home without it!"

20. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

What a super find! Sweet truck!

21. I don't really make any money at work...I bet I make less then you. But I have just done some good moves on cars and keep working up. If you look in the classifieds you will notice I have a couple cars for sale.

22. gaskell

gaskell
    from CO

Why cant I find stuff like this... You lucky B*!

23. Yep, owning a home is the best thing you can do :D I bought my house when I was 20, it is now worth quite a bit more then what I owe, and have a line of credit on part of the equity. So I have pulled a lot of the "buy before you think" routine but it always works itself out.

24. Nice truck! I showed the pictures of your truck to Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup and Ozelle the '55 Ford. They were both impressed and send friendly horn honks to you and that sweet little '33 pickup.

25. Tonight I took the tiny lil tires/wheels off that it came with and threw the skins off the Model A roadster on it. It looks a ton better. I also traded the brand new headlights to a friend for a nice original set.
    I thought the truck seemed like it had zero power. It drives fine but would only do about 40 tops. Figured out that the gas pedal hits the floor before being wide open at the carb, so a little heat/bend trick and now she's smoldering the tires (almost :D)

Soon the be a little lower to the ground and V8 powered ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Fuck! That looks killer you little shit!

27. The black wheels and tires make a big difference.

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That Truck looks fucking awesome with the new hoops on. My god man I take everything I said about selling this truck back. It's perfect!! Looks like an order to Jordan in in effect. Or are you dropping your own shit now? Your brother did right?

Long lost brother????

[​IMG]

29. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

I just got a tooth hurtin...Sweet truck

30. Here's some inspiration to get that thing lower to the ground.
    (dropped axle, reverse eye spring, de-arched rear spring, 450-16, and 700-16)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I borrowed the images from Dennis (EVG8) on the Ford Barn. I hope he doesn't mind, but his Model B P/U is awesome! and I love the stance of his truck.