Register now to get rid of these ads!

I heard.... someone repoped 32 5W garnish mouldings - steel?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bardahl1, Apr 22, 2007.

1. bardahl1

bardahl1

anyone heard that? would love to get some and not pay what is wanted for origionals.

2. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Repop steel ones ARE the same price as originals- not cheap!

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Some repro aluminum ones show up on eBay ... every so often ... :)

I have not used any nor anyone who has ...

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

5. 31whitey

31whitey

I have the guys contact info if your interested...Iam not able to post pics of all 5pieces...something about exceding the limit...was think about using them in my 5w but its so rough i'm thinking i dont need no stinking garnish moldings...

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Cast aluminum?? Damn, is that the cheapest way to do them? Need some trimming and fitting in the description makes me twitch too. I guess if there aren't anything else available in the world, but...
    How is it that a set of 32 Vick garnish mouldings are used as illustration, I must ask. What did he do, use two sets welded together to fit the long ass Vick door?? And what the hell is that inside door handle doing at the back end of the door??? How pathetic is that?

7. Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete
    from Tucson, AZ

There's a guy in the San Diego area making some nice ones out of steel. These aren't cheap but if your top is chopped, you can send him templates of your windows and he will make them to that size. Saves you the trouble of chopping your own. His web site is www.iversenoriginals.com.

8. bardahl1

bardahl1

are they cast or stamped? too thin and they'd be hard to cut down and keep strait.

Thanks for the info btw

9. bardahl1

bardahl1

you're right, that's a stout amount of money. still, for how many a guy could sell I doubt I would do it for less myself.

10. Kato Kings

Kato Kings
    from Minnesota

The aluminum ones are made from an extrusion and bent around dies really nice and cheaper than steel ones. I can get the guys number if anyone is interested.

11. bardahl1

bardahl1

Sure on the # - it's worth a look. Thanks

12. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

I have the 32 5w moldings in stock, they are stock height, without mounting holes. The parts are tig welded and hand formed aluminum sheet. Very nice part and painted or wood grained difficult to tell from originals. If interesed call 518-861-5367 M-F 9-5 EDT.