Register now to get rid of these ads!

I have the best wife!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Baggs, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Baggs

Baggs

so my wife made me open some xmas gifts early today.. she def. pays attention to me. i have been talking about the parts i need for my 54 project. which i just bought everything for the front end except the calipers and a master cylinder. which she knew. so what did she get me?? she got me brand new loaded calipers for my granada coversion and drop. and a master cylinder off of a granada. my only question is will this master cylinder work with my 54?? i looked up the dimensions of the 67 mustang dual master and the dimensions of the granada. the mustang is a 1 inch bore, and the granada is 15/16. will the granada one work, or should i return it for the correct mustang one? please let me know. she was dissapointed when i said i didnt know if it would work. but i told her that i would check the trusty hamb and find out for sure!! please help me out! i love my wife!!!!

2. cheveey57

cheveey57

That's great Merry Christmas. The Mrs. gave me her credit card one year and I dug into my Summit book.......

3. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Mine got me a go to town 48 Ford pu for Christmas, she truly is the best!!!!

4. I think I have the best wife she let me put my car in the living room as a display and build a museum as well. Check it out at Frenchysrides.com ( look in museum i con)

Frenchy

5. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Mine got me a new high performance cornputer today. Now I can get rid of this old kerosene powered one, spend less time on the computer and more time in the garage. After 42 years she's still a keeper.

Lee

6. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

A few years back mine told me I could get the eagle 2 post lift I wanted & then helped me get it off the trailer (all 2700 pounds of it) and into the basement. Then just a few days later helped me get the 454 BB (complete engine) out of the back of the pick-up & into the basement. Had to slide it down homemade ramps that I made for getting the tractor in & out of the pick-up. It was in an engine cradle so it wasn't too bad. As I recall it was New Years eve now that I think about it! Also helped me build my 327 years ago. Been with her since 1984 I think she's a keeper!:D

7. Sounds like a great wife. Mine's great but not at car parts!

I used the Granada master on my '67 Mustang with Granada front disks, seems to work fine. Chassis wise the cars are similar anyway. Addition of an adjustable prop valve on the rear will prevent rear lock up.

8. a40lover

a40lover

are you using a booster? ifso use the garnada. manual brks use different size bore from power, also look at the hole for the pushrod.
    BTW you are a lucky man!

9. ironpile

ironpile

I have a great deal with my wife,I don`t like to gamble and she does,so get this she offered to give me half of her winnings so I took her up on it and I have been stuffing my wallet ever since. She is a keeper ,she been sleeping in my bed for 46 yrs,looks permanent to me.

10. Everyone of these stories are awesome. I wish I had a wife so she could be awesome like this. The car in the house is a great story but I'm not sure if I could do that myself.

11. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

I had a stroke about a year ago ( hard to remember I HAD A STROKE) she nursed me back from the brink and as therapy she is helping me rebuild(from scratch) my 1964 Falcon been together almost 30 years:D

12. dmw56

dmw56

You're a lucky man. You should keep her!:D

13. Wives who 'get it' make you feel like you won the lottery.....
    There's many a time when things for the car have taken 1st place over things for the house around here, and never a complaint.
    Sure we have our 'moments'... but cars are never used as leverage.
    She's a car gal and I love her for it.:p

14. My wife, my wife, she likes to have sex in the back seat of our car,...she makes me drive:eek::D,(R. Dangerfield) . I am blessed to have my wife, she is the best all around, hope for many years to come with her.:)

15. freeflynstl

freeflynstl

She got a sister?

16. darkk

darkk

I few years back mine bought me a very very nice 39 Olds coupe. It was almost a shame to rod it. 3 years ago a Custom Redneck Chopper, I got to decide on the design and paint. Last year a 56"X 30" roll away and a matching top cabinet and side cabinet as well. This year it's a Miller 211 mig with cart and aluminum spoolgun. I can't wait til next year!!!:cool:

17. pitman

pitman

Matching up Master cyl's and calipers...if the difference is going from 1" to 15/16ths bore, then you'd have slightly more pressure (good) with slightly more travel to achieve the same braking force. It calc's out to 11% difference BTW.

18. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

Do ya loan her out ???

19. chevnut55

chevnut55
    from ma.

mine is also the best,but not my wife yet. she goes with me to shows and races,loves going to swap meets more than i do. shehelps me in the garage,rides in my death trap cars and bikes. she took me to a car collection she found for a surpise trip last week. she likes my motorcycle parked in the living room! and she just sold he dorky saturn to get something cooler so i will go with her in her car. and shes smoking hot! i might just make her my wife on paper soon.

20. bryan6902

bryan6902

Very nice! Now when is she going to let you disappear for hours/days at a time to get this thing rollin'? Just let me know....

21. pugh433

pugh433
    from toledo

I got my 28 A pick up for christmas, well kind of. "Babe, please, please, can I get it? It's a crazy good deal!" her (in June I should add)- "well thats what your getting for christmas, and I want something sparkely!" After backing the trailer in the driveway with a huge grin on my face she opened the back door and said "really, that rusted peice of shit is what you had to have so bad?" She then rolled her eyes, shook her head and went back in the house. My dad and I just looked at each other and laughed. We had spent the majority of the hour and a half ride home talking about how she was going to react when we got back. We were right.

22. My wife has been known to say "your f$%king hot rods" on occasion. But she has given me two Winters quick change center sections for Christmas in the last five years. So all in all she is a keeper for sure.

23. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

I found the picture of the wife helping me with the 327.
    [​IMG]

24. jaz

jaz
    from London, UK

My wife let me order springs, shock absorbers and blocks to lower my Mercury. Which is a very big deal as she hates my old cars.

To quote her: "You don't know how unhappy seeing that thing on the drive makes me" - LOL

Wouldn't change her though.