Register now to get rid of these ads!

I have an Idea! (THAT HURTS).Good, Bad or ???????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thewishartkid, Mar 18, 2013.

1. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

As an attraction at our local car show this year. We knocked around the idea of offering one of the area bodymen the opportunity to chopping the top on a car.(in a different area than the show). This event is apart of a town festival. I know you cant do it all in one day,But it could be roughed in.I believe this would be great advertisement for someone plus a draw to the event. Im not talking about a SHOW CAR. BUT a bare body. ANY IDEAS? Am i Crazy? SUGGESTIONS???????????

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  2. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

3. nickk

nickk

Its been done, Ive only heard about it though, me and some friends thought about doing a model A at a show but just never did

4. zep058

zep058

Every year at the Kustom Nationals here in Oz they work on a car but the event goes for two days, they normally do a chop or this year they sectioned a shoebox. It's great to watch while having a bite to eat or to check over the two days. Not sure what you can get done in a day. Good luck, worth a try

5. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

KKOA does one in salina each year too.
    I say go for it if you can get someone to do it. Something neat to watch at least

6. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Alter Boys chopped a model A at the Jalopy Jamboree, its was cool to pop back and forth and see the progress.

7. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

1st thing that came to my mind, and at the Alter Boys I think they pulled off what they were trying to accomplish.
    It attracted people to the show and they thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

8. bgaro

bgaro

if gene winfield can do it at the "world of wheels" so can you.

9. Yeah, this past weekend Gene Winfield and a group of local guys [some are HAMB members] chopped the top on a car at the annual World of Wheels car show. This year I didn't see it [family emergency] but last year I did when they also cut a top...on a model A coupe. The niose from a sawzall was defening in that big, open hall. They had no kind of buffer between the car and the public except for about a 50 foot distance. I was wondering how far a sawzall blade or a broken Zippy wheel would fly into the crowd.
    I'd buy or rent some clear acrylic panels or something similar to protect the crowd.

10. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

I believe Smitty from Down East Street Rods up here in Maine has done a chop at a show / event...

11. choptop4

choptop4

We did it at Billetproof at the Holiday bowl. Lots of fun. We did a Model A 2 door sedan.