Register now to get rid of these ads!

I have a question, if anyone can answer...

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by MissRabbit, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissRabbit

MissRabbit

Why is tattoos/tattoo artist disliked on this site? Or why is my posts being deleted because of me stating that I put up new photos of my work? Just wondering, not out for an argument at all, and do not mean to offend anyone one bit!

2. voodoo1

voodoo1

This site is not about tattoos!

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Its about cars 64 and down,Only car questions and posts .........

4. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

While many on the HAMB have tattoos, myself included, it is not the focus of the forum. This is a traditional hot rod and custom forum, not a Kustom Kulture forum.

5. MissRabbit

MissRabbit

Oh no!! I totally understand!! My post was about the new photos I posted up about my 51' chevy's progress photos most of all, and I just added that I also put some of my tattoo work too as well.. and my whole post got deleted :-/

6. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

I went to a tattoo site and put up pics of the 265 chevy I just rebuilt and they deleted it...go figure :rolleyes:

7. Miss rabbit
    I think tattoo and tattoo art lends itself better to a hot rod culture site than to this site.

What you may do and this is just 'bean thinking not a definate this will work or is the way to do it, is try ppsting in the friday art show. Mayhaps it will be better accepted in the designated art thread than in a thread of its own.

That said I wouild like to see your work if you have it in your album or the like. Link me by PM.

8. MissRabbit

MissRabbit

Ha yea go figure :p

9. Abomb

Abomb

What they said....car site, not car culture site......I'm tattooed, I come here to post about, and learn about cars.

10. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

11. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

do your tattooes depict traditional hot rods or customs? If not, that could be why they're being deleted. In spite of the fact that many denizens of this site (the HAMB) are festooned with ink, this is a traditional hot rod/custom car site, restricted largely to those cars (US mfrs) made prior to 1965 (some overflow is allowed assuming retention of style/design/series, ie: 64/65 Chevelles). Tattooes were not really a part of that scene, but are considered a modern iteration of individuality (this uniqueness tends to fade with the spread of the fad). Nonetheless, if you are not part of the 'traditional' hot rod/custom car scene, but are merely here because some of our members/adherents sport tattooes, then you're missing the point of the forum and you're not furthering the appreciation of the car culture of the dented time period.

dj

12. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

13. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I like that word "festooned." Just don't hear it much anymore. Cool

14. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

What about traditional tats?
    I haven't sensed any bad vibes McPall and Moriority (spelling) have lots of tats and they hang here I don't see a problem unless you spam your wears here.

15. MissRabbit

MissRabbit

Well, As I see where you are coming from, I am myself a owner of a 51' Chevy pick up... which you will see in my profile. Im not here to just dangle in the shadows and praise upon other people who build cars, because I am one. I have done many pieces in tattooing that relate to car clubs/car parts or pictures of cars... its just how I connect my self with it. Thats all.. But I will not make a note of my tattoos or any idea of tattoos into my posts... I have just been asked by many many folk to post pictures of my tattoo. When I first joined onto HAMB my first initiative was to learn and get my questions answered about anything I needed since I am still learning..Not to use this site as another branch in marketing myself as an artist.

16. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Are they starting threads about their tats?

17. George G

George G

Should be cool in the art show

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Some people are just plain clueless.

19. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Then...welcome aboard - tattooes are obviously acceptable...just not the focus. Post up some pix of your AD pickup...

dj

20. First thing I did was to go to her albums and looked at her work. It was my decision and if I felt I had wasted my time it was on me. Let's be a little easy on her, it took me a little while to figure out exactly how things work around here. Gotta kinda give everybody a second chance. I just checked her introduction thread and did notice that nobody warned her about off topic threads. I usually try to do that, but I didn't on hers. Probably went to dreamland picturing hot chicks and old cars. However I did notice someone asked if she had a link to any of her work. Being new here she might have thought that meant someone wanted to see her work and thought she was doing something good by posting it. Ease up people, cut a little slack for the new peeps.

21. ratrods40

ratrods40
    from Texas

Sorry to tell you this but these guys are right. This is not a Kar Kulture site. I am into the Kulture myself and I love tattoos and R@# Rodz, but the wishes of the moderators and the majority of the members is to only allow traditional hot rods and customs. So I am willing to follow the rules because everything this site has to offer (parts, tech) helps me build the cars that I like.

22. metalshapes

metalshapes

There must be other Sites out there, where you can post about Tats, the best hair products for the perfect pomp, how many inches of cuff on your jeans is historically accurate, and what kind of shoes to buy to complete the perfect lifestyle outfit.

But it isn't here... :D

( Edit. BTW, I didn't delete the Thread.
    I'm just answering the question...)

Last edited: May 20, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.