Register now to get rid of these ads!

I have a new baby girl but she needs your prayers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Thirdyfivepickup, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

My daughter Julianna Belle was born on Wednesday at a healthy 9 pounds 2 ounces! Mom did one heck of a job through the labor and I can't even begin to express how awesome she was.

Unfortunatly Julianna is having intestine trouble... she was transfered Friday afternoon to Comer Children's Hospital in Chicago where she underwent emergency surgery to open up a totally blocked large intestine.

That is alot for a two day old baby girl. At this point she is doing good but still has a long road ahead. She will spend the next 3 months with an ostomy bag to poop into. (so I'm spared the task of changing diapers for a few months anyways)

Right know there are two scenarios... she just had a section of intestine that closed off and they will cut it out and reconnect the to sides... or she has Hirschsprung's Disease... which means she has some bad cells in her intestines and that messes with the nerve endings... making them not work. The doctors will have to find and remove the bad spots which could be a major portion of her small and large intestines. A lot longer and riskier procedure. Either way they have to wait until she is bigger to do the surgery... hence the three months with the ostomy bag.

Obviously we are praying for scenario one. We should know something when the test results come back mid week.

I realize that all I really contribute to the board is some smart ass comments and the occasional photo shop... but I've met some amazing people here who I consider real friends... and Julianna and I really need you all to help.

I know the power of the HAMB... if we all hope together anything is possible.

Things could be much worse... but when you are a first time father and you are looking at your precious little angel on a tray connected to a monitor via various sensors and tubes... nothing in the world matters more than finding a way to make the hurt stop.

If she were a carburetor, I'd rebuild her...

If she were rocker arms, I'd set her lash...

but she's not... she's a little miracle who's going through more shit than someone 4 days old should and there is nothing I can do about it.

So if you've got a spare minute or two and want to keep her in your thoughts and prayers... Momma and I would sure appreciate it.

Mike

[​IMG]
    (she has my cheeks)

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm so sorry to hear the news Mikey. I will keep your little angel in my thoughts, and pray for a speedy and painfree as possible recovery. PLEASE keep us updated on her progress.

3. prayers sent and best of wishes for a speedy recovery...

4. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Prayers sent your way.

5. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

6. Dirty2

Dirty2

Prayers up for little Julianna . Little girls are really a gift from God . Also prayers up for you and your wife .
    Danny

7. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Prayers from here buddy, I was a pre-me when i was born and spent a LONG time in ICU before I went home. I don't remember it, but I'm sure I didn't like it. Kids are fighters, I'm sure she's one too!

8. She does have your cheeks Mike, Prayers are comimg from the Knight Clan.........

9. chaddilac

chaddilac

Let's just believe for a full recovery... I'm one, you're two, Big dad is three! 2 makes a majority! Sending them up!!!

10. Prayers sent. I see she gets her good looks from her Mama!

Dan

11. harleybraydin

harleybraydin
    from Roscoe IL

12. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

This hits home with me i was born with a similer problem a little different . I had magor surgery ten mins after i was born . Thank god for the doctor knowing what to do it was a rear problem . Shes is in good hands and good luck and god bless

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Me and Ladyshifter wishes the best for that beautiful baby.

14. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Dude, I don't know ya but I have an idea of what you and your wife are going through. I have a daughter that turns two on July second and so far has had eye surgery, heart surgery, tubes three times, cleft pallet surgery and countless other issues. We call her our two million dollar baby due to the fact that's what has accrued in bills and therapy since her birth. (four months in NICU).
    It tears a person up to look at them and know there's not much you can do. Just be strong for her, give her lots of love and don't give up. People ask me how my wife and I have managed, my reply is simple, "She can't do it and someone has to for her, that's were mom and dad come in".
    Be strong and god bless YOU all our in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!

15. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

What an adorable little girl. My prayers and thoughts are with you. My sister was born with a telescoped intestine and she had to have surgery when she was 6 months old. I am happy to say that she is now 60 years old and as fiesty as ever.

16. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

All our prayer to the newest hotrodder.........
    From North Carolina.......

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

This is an easy one. You bet we can send prayers and there are some on the way. I've got a whole lot of praying to do to pay back for all that were sent on my behalf so it will be a pleasure to pray for your little one.

Frank

18. mtflat

mtflat

Prayers from here too.

19. Grandfather,
    thank you for this day.
    thankyou for the life in my body.
    I hold up this small one to you and ask for your blessings upon her.
    She is so small and fragile Grandfather, give her your strength and give her good health.
    we are just humble two leggeds here asking for blessings on her behalf,
    mitake oyasin{all my relations}

This Lakota prayer was given to me by a native american friend of mine when my daughter was ill and the doctors werent sure what she had. She was ten at the time,She's 21 now and about to give me my fist grandchild. I hope it works as well for your's as it did for mine.

20. classicfins

classicfins

I know what you are going through. My daughter was born premature at 3lbs, 14oz with her intestines on the outside. She had one surgery 12 hours after birth, and another one week later. she got to come home at 5lbs on her 1 month birthday. Now she's 18 and loves to work on my old cars and boats. My prayers and thoughts are with you. She'll be fine. Oh yeah, she is adorable too. :)

21. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

I can't imagine. But I can pray. I'm with Chaddilac, and agreeing for a complete recovery for your little one.

J.

22. Bel Air Sugar

Bel Air Sugar

She is an adorable baby girl that will have you running after her sooner then you think! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..

23. comp

comp
    from So. IN.

prayers sent

24. speed-kings

speed-kings

Prayers from Ohio

25. Greasy71

Greasy71
    from SoCal

Your family and especially your new daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there pal.

26. skyrodder

skyrodder

27. deedster

deedster

Prayers sent and will pass your request on + + + .......

28. McChevy

McChevy

prayers for your daughter and your whole family .just read this right here with mine,she 's 16 and we wish you all the best

29. my prayers & thoughts go out to your baby girl and your family !