Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I have a 307 what would be the best combination in it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JT333, Sep 16, 2009.

1. I replaced the 261 six in my 57 dump truck with a 307 will out pull out run the old six and uses less fuel too. Really good truck engine. But i would use the 307 crank in a 350 block if it was me. OldWolf

2. 61falcon

61falcon

weather you use the 307 or go with a 350, either way you got to put a stroker crank in it. i like the idea of the 307 cause its different and you already have it.

3. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

It's a stock class, are you that lousy of a driver you need a cheater engine? Why not, you know, practice and stuff?

‐Stock (OE) 60's or 70's D.O.T., 14 or 15 inch passenger tires only.
    ‐Tires must be inside body.
    ‐No mud, racing or fancy, exotic,trick gumball tires allowed.

So, just how much power can you even use on a dirt track with those restrictions?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  4. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

Because practice will never allow him catch up to drivers that started practicing 30 years ago! I have 4 dirt tracks within 60 mis. of me and let me tell you, they all cheat. I like the idea of your 307. Spend some time building it, like cyl. head flow, rocker geometry, and balancing. If nothing else, you'll learn alot. You have to go beyond what everyone else is doing to be competitive. Build a car and practice alot. Steven.

5. My guess is he knows what blocks will take the 4" bore and are a higher nickel content.