Register now to get rid of these ads!

I hate the cold!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HR Classic Cars, Dec 16, 2008.

1. JimSibley

JimSibley

I just spent 3 days in my shop, installing a new furnace. it was 5 in the building today, and -1 outside.

2. Abomination

Abomination

Shit! I put the top down and crank the heat at 50! Seriously...

I used to ride my 70s Honda year round. I remember in college riding all winter 50 miles each way. IT WAS 12 DEGREES THAT WINTER. No shit...

~Jason

3. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

We are getting a foot of snow fri. Woopie

4. bigolds

bigolds

When I saw this one...somehow I just knew you'd post a reply, hey...how long did it take to make the snow for that snow sculpture!!!!!??????

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man it got COLD here last night, at about 3am I had to pull a sheet over me, must have been way down at least 70* on the overnight low!
    I saw snow once, had to drive a couple of days to get to it too, what a waste of time. You guys can have it.
    Yup, I like Australian weather.
    Doc

PS: I did an Arctic warfare course once. -47*F and living outside in it for a month. NEVER AGAIN! EVER! EVER! EVER!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  6. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

I wish I had that Texas or Cali "cold" right now. They are saying maybe up to 10 today and more snow tomorrow. I don't have a heated garage so I can't wait for it to get up in the 30's so I can work on my caddy comfortably:D

7. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

So much for global warming...

8. Will be comin' through Jonesboro next Sunday (21st). Hope all of that crap is gone by then. Need to stop in Truman and argue politics with old Bill Teague (Teague's Market) for a little bit though. Get rid of that stuff, will ya?

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Global warming is my friend.

10. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Had a little bit of snow here last night, but it didn't stick... Thank goodness.

11. Suit

Suit

I just moved into a new apartment that had been recently re-sided. The workers did not replace the panels that blocked the underneath plumbing in the crawlspace from direct weather. Well, the pipe burst last night. so, this morning I had to move my morning hygenic rituals to the Y at 5:00. I'm grateful for having the Y but there are just some sounds that I prefer to make in private. I guess they are going to work on it today...who knows? I remain polite. Losing my cool and venting my frustrations would just delay the repair. It's freezing and icy here. Plumber says he can't fit under the house because of all of the layers of clothing and it was too cold for him to strip down. So I'm thinking that if this were Spring I would have a naked plumber frolicking about on the side of my building maybe waving a monkey wrench in the air while he skips. It's one of those mornings where I feel like brown shoes with a tuxedo. I'm driving to work(cause THE MAN makes me) and out in front of me a mini monster truck flys out of a gas station and slides sideways on the icy road leaving that moment of...is he going to regain control? He does. In the process the passenger with a window down yells out this "Hooooooooo!" . What does the yelling mean? I think it's like when you trip on something and then you start jogging a little bit to make it appear as though you meant to start jogging that, you never really lost control. The passenger wanted everyone to know that in no way was this truck out of control. "Hoooooo. Way mant ta doe thet!" I hate cold weather.

12. Ice man

Ice man

Yea its been cold here also, don't even need the AC at night, it gets in the low 70s, thank goodness it warmes up during the day to 85, or we would have real problems, we don't have any furnaces. Nor do we have antifreez, it called cooolant here. LOL Hay I earned it, I was a furnace man in Pgh, for 40years. Ice man

13. firingorder1

firingorder1

That place sounds fantastic! How many drag strips do you have there? :)

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

whata bunch of girls here in the midwest! its been 70 here in my house all winter! :)

15. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Indian summer here...-41C with windchill

16. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

well the high in the SLC will be a whopping 28 and i will be in the garage as soon as i get off work but maybe we should all go to australia it sounds nice and warm

17. Abomination

Abomination

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM OZ

[​IMG]

18. The desert is broken today.. I'll have to check the warranty. This is what I woke up to.
    Nothing to you guys used to snow. Its never stuck like this since I moved here.

Attached Files:

19. yep the twin cities and the black hills of sd thats banana belt

20. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

One nice thing about having temps below zero is that the air is pretty dry. Gotta be real careful walking across the carpet.