Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs I hate my tail lights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birdman1, Jan 19, 2015.

1. I think 38 lights.

2. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

So, when/if you change them out, I'll take them for $50. ;)

3. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

Yeah, I guess there's some sort of a vague resemblance between the 46 buick and the 41 stude others have suggested. Prolly a lot cheaper too.

Attached Files:

51 mercules likes this.
  4. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

I might try getting '37 Ford or '39 Chevy taillights (both the lense and housing) to fit inside those ready-made holes without any body work. Just slightly recessed, not buried................and highly visible (LED) when you need them to be

37ford.jpg 39chevy.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  5. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

Hey, I got a pair of 41 buick tail lights that'll prolly look much worse if you're interested. 8^)

6. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I think alot of people fall for the I want to go wild and be different like everyone else and go with oft used caddy lights with no thought to form with what they have. Start over with some of the suggestions but stay away from the half fix of different lenses. The concept is just wrong for this car.

flynbrian48 likes this.
  7. .

Yep, I had cut my whole damn car apart, you just have a little farting around relatively

8. birdman1

birdman1

I did that on my 1948 FOrd shortdoor coupe a few years ago, wanted to try it differently on my '39 coupe. It's just that everybody frenches tail lights, I wanted a different look. The suggeation to shorten the lenses is appealing to me as it will still allow the pretty chrome rims to be seen. and I do not have to do any body work!! I have COPD, triple by-pass, another heart attack, and low testosterin to deal with, so painting is a no=-no for me. Thanks for all your ideas and slams, as I have no hot rodders here in Harlan iowa to converse with. As for the guys with their "perfect " cars, I bet I can find 10 things wrong with each of them in 10 minutes!Hot Pods are like your first girl freind, just PERFECT, 'till they dump you! LOL

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  9. What's important is that you like them. (But you don't obviously)
    Asking for opinions on the hamb will get you plenty and all kinds.
    Drive it and have fun, you'll not notice your tailights