Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I had to ask -

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In your very first post it clearly reads that you are down on the guy for using a trailer to transport "his" car to a local cruise because he clearly can't be enjoying "his" car in "your" eyes.
    "I don't get having a car you can't enjoy"
    Did you ever stop to think that his enjoyment with his car is hopefully collecting a trophy and showing the car to people that might appreciate it, not worrying about what you thought of how he got it there ???

The37Kid likes this.
  2. Must be your first time - eh ?

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

That bothers me too, the "enjoy"your car only if you are driving it opinion of others. Some people will be dead before their car ever hits the street, why are they to be looked down on?

Bob

4. j3harleys

j3harleys

YES

WiredSpider, ct1932ford and Hombre like this.
  5. j3harleys

j3harleys

For those bitching about the show car guys and their trailers , If you go to TROG, Dirt Drags or any Jalopy gathering you will find plenty of trailers. Yeah I'm guilty to. I don't care what someone else does I just do what works for me. I find the (older) I get the more I use a trailer. Not trying to piss anybody off Just sayin

The37Kid likes this.
  6. It is what I expect from some members, a observation was made and it turns into someone like yourself turning it into some sort of vendetta, we are all entitled to our own opinions, sorry if mine does not measure up to your way of thinking. HRP

Hombre and ct1932ford like this.
  7. It's not a vendetta, when you were called out on being down on the guy you tried to twist it like it was only about using a trailer, but it really was about your opinion on how he used his car, then you post it here looking for someone to hopefully back you up.
    This coming from a guy with a few less months here, but about 45,000 less posts, if that's a vendetta I'm sure they'll be a thread about it.

WiredSpider likes this.
  8. I almost bought a trailer last year, in fact I ordered an enclosed trailer to take my roadster down to MD. to a show I was invited to. As it turned out I had to cancel my order because my doctor had other plans for me that week. The reason I was going to trailer it, was simple. With 4:11 gears and 39 transmission, my 21 stud flatty was not going to be happy. The roadster gearing is just perfect around town and trips not too far. The zephyr gears in the 39 box are just right. A long haul, not so much. So that is the only reason I would trailer outside of a breakdown.
    I was parked next to a newer Corvette at a show last week and I overheard the guy telling someone he was trailering it to shows because he did not want to put miles on the car. Believe me this Vette was no prize. He was also worried about getting it dirty. :eek:
    If a guy wants to trailer his car around town, so be it. Seems like a lot of work to me.:p HRP, looks like you are being stalked!:oops:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  9. badvolvo

badvolvo

Personally, I get more enjoyment wrenching on them more then the actual driving anyway. I don't enjoy cleaning them up at all. I have trailered twice this year, Rumble drags, and HAMB drags. One more trailer day coming, again to the drags. I could drive them, sweat all the way, burnt out by the time I get there. If it breaks, my day is no fun. If I break with the trailer in tow, it's still a fun day. Trying to get a broke car home is stressful. That said, I don't really do car shows. I like cruise in's and I will cruise to the cruise in.
    I have the ugliest trailer known to man, that way I don't have to clean the car to make it look good!

ct1932ford and Hombre like this.
  10. Hombre

Hombre

Nobody really cares how many post you do or do not have, your opinion is like anyone else's and welcome at least from me it is. Danny's opinion is also one I want to hear, and I share that opinion about this particular case. You seem to want to dismiss his opinion because it differs from your own. This discussion is also not about who has who's back, what is that High School 101?

There is a place for trailers obviously, as an example I have a 1,000 mile trip planned tomorrow and we are going to be gone for the best part of the month. Since we will be there that long I certainly am going to take my Model A. I also am not going to subject my wife to that 1,000 mile trip in that Model A when she could ride in comfort with air, a radio you can actually listen to, and lumbar support. She is an old woman after all. So as much as I hate putting my car on a trailer to go any where I will make an exception in this case.

11. stude54ht

stude54ht
    from Spokane WA

I want to see a show where points are given for rock chips and a few bugs.

osage orange, ct1932ford and Hombre like this.
  12. 4tford

4tford

A friend of mine trailers his cars to the main road then drives it only because he lives on a dirt road and doesn't want the rocks beating the hell out of his cars.

13. I have nothing against trailers, I trailer my car to the race track because if it breaks how would I get it or me home. If I'm not racing I drive it, I ENJOY it either way despite what some might think or start a useless thread over, that's my reference to post count.
    The guy is clearly enjoying his car, that's why he brought it to the cruise night to show it off, that's why he's taking it to the big show, he gave HRP his reasons for trailering, like it really mattered, but instead of being satisfied with the answer a thread on the HAMB is started instead.

14. What I don't understand is YOU calling ME out for having a opinion, it's a discussion,your reading more into it than what it is.

This is not the first time you have gone out of your way to offer snide remarks to a post.

Obviously I have a opinion just like you, you see something in my post you don't like and that's fine, and again, I don't get trailering to a cruise in and that's me, I didn't tell him he was a idiot,I drive my cars unless they are broke. HRP

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  15. But why does the HAMB have to be involved with a private conversation that you had with the owner ? Why didn't you tell him that he can't possibly be enjoying his car because he trailed it to the cruise night ?
    I know it's your opinion and you're subject to it but the HAMB isn't going to disappear without a thread about it.
    Call me crazy but maybe there should be a new section for these threads and leave the informative technical side of the HAMB and what it's known for alone.

16. Why should what I post bother you so much, may I offer a suggestion, why not find the ignore button beside my name and click on it, you would never again be distressed, troubled, perturbed, disturbed, discomposed, unsettled, disconcerted, discountenanced, dismayed, disquieted, worried, bothered, inconvenienced, agitated, flustered, ruffled, unnerved, shaken, frightened, alarmed, angered, annoyed, irritated, vexed, irked, fretted, pestered, harassed, tormented, plagued, hurt, or grieved with anything I post in the future.

This thread was never meant to seek praise for my opinion nor to start a war of words. HRP

Deuces, uncle buck, Hombre and 5 others like this.
  17. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

It seems many threads end up as a war of words regardless of topic.

I have one car which is a very nice show quality item. I seldom drive it but certainly enjoy having it. If someone feels they have to drive the wheels off so be it. We all have different reasons to own these things.

18. Cymro

Cymro

Agree totally, some cars are just not very practical for driving long distances, maybe due to their, style, cramped size, gearing, fuel consumption which is quite a considerable consideration here in the UK. I have a couple of classic off topic small British cars which are great fun but not really suitable for long distance travel on Today's congested roads with 750 cc and 850 cc engines, motorway climbs and descents can be quite frightening in the slow lane with a Semi virtually sitting on your rear bumper, sometimes questionable driver alertness, the truck drivers on their last stretch to the ferry port not wanting to miss their sailings.
    There is a very popular 3 day, annual car show about an hour's drive from my home, although mainly for classics all types of transport is welcome, the guys with older (read slower) cars travel mainly in convoys, with a van or 4x4 riding shotgun at the rear simply because of the route to the showground being part of the main Euro-route. link from Europe to Ireland, the risk of being tail ended by a juggernaut racing towards the ferry port is very real in the car owners minds.
    Regardless of whether you have a show car, drag car, race car or even an old school model T with a banger, there are times where a trailer makes sense, for comfort, maybe convenience or fuel economy, your safety should be paramount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.