Register now to get rid of these ads!

I had an Awesome first Fathers Day!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malarky, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Malarky

Malarky

Today was great. We went to a fathers day car show, ate some 'dogs, checked out some cool rides, the weather was great. My son seemed to really enjoy himself there(I know I did), I'm pretty sure hes a car guy.
    I even got a 3rd place trophy for my class!

My wife snapped this cool pic of my son and I...

[​IMG]

2. Malarky

Malarky

...And the car was lookin good too...
    [​IMG]

I hope all you Dads out there had as much fun as I did today!!!

3. I didn't have as much fun as you did, helped my dad move into a new house all weekend. But taking the kids to car shows is always fun.

4. Malarky

Malarky

a bump 4 the morning croud.

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Monterey looks nice
    The little one looks like he's having a blast

6. good job mate, get 'em started young and they'll bee hooked for life:D. i try and take my son (2 years old) to as many car shows as he can and he loves it, he asks me every weekend if we can go and see some hotrods and everytime i put my shoes on he asks if we're going out to the shed to work on the chev.

7. willymakeit

willymakeit

This is time well spent. You will always remember it.

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome man!!! Great looking son, great looking car.....sounds like a perfect day had by all.

9. hershambob

hershambob

10. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

Nice merc!! Had a nice father's day too it was my son's 3rd bithday.. He picked breafast, (Bob Evans,) I picked dinner at a place that was on Diners, Drive inns and Dives, on hte food network.. Great food, (burgers), great stmosphere (lots o neon lights and old signs, terrible service, waited an hour and half!! What engine is in your 61 and how did you lower it? Great shot of your kid in the trunk!!

11. Malarky

Malarky

Thanks so much for all the great comments guys, you Rock!!:cool:

12. Malarky

Malarky

Your son was born on fathers day?! Now thats a gift that'll never be topped.
    My wife watches that show all the time. I just get pissed when I watch it because I never get to eat anything that looks half as good as the stuff they show.
    In my '62 is the original, rebuilt 292 Y-block. Sounds great with straight pipes! I lowered it via 2" blocks in the rear, and I cut two full turns out of the front coils. And it still rides really nice.

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Those montereys rule...

14. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I did too. My oldest picked me up and took me to the Nat's/Orioles game. He sprung for the tickets and the sausages. It was so nice that it was his idea and he arranged it all. All the other times it was always coordinated and paid for by his mom and my Ex with her/my funds. My Nats lost but his Orioles won. I guess he does remember how he got to all those cold April baseball practices.:D