Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs I guess I'm just an Olds kinda guy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rukwikenuf, Aug 8, 2022.

1. rukwikenuf

rukwikenuf

So a couple months ago i found a pretty cool 61 Oldsmobile 98 bubbletop, it had a resto started, but the engine and trans weren't installed and the interior was THRASHED. I agreed to pay what i still think was a pretty high price, but that was because the body was mint. So i hauled it the 45 minutes to my place, and the seller has a bad title! He's a trusting guy and I'm an honest man, so his 61 sits at my place while he sees what he can do on the title. Meanwhile, i have 2-3 weeks to really inspect this car. And i found (hiding under making tape that was "sealing a window" that the C Pillar has a 6 inch long patch of bubbles and in the middle is rot. This probably goes all the way down.

Well, i changed my offer from $11k to 5k because of the title and rust. He decided to haul it back home. Probably got the best, but gonna lie.

ANYWAYS, i going this 1962 Olds Dynamic 88 convertible on Saturday and after looking at it for 2 hours on the ground and on a 4 post lift, it's solid where it matters. It's got some mud on the quarters, but i knew that going in. Running and driving, 394 2bbl engine with the Slim Jim 3 speed, column shifted and bench seat, and momma likes it too. Now... i have to figure what i need to order to get it ready for 2023 cruising season!
    Smoothie wheels and spider caps are on the list, torching the springs and replacing the shocks, and a front disc conversion. MAYBE a 700r4 trans

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  2. rukwikenuf

rukwikenuf

Here's the 61 that i had, so you don't have to search if you're interested 20220711_211207.jpg

keith27T likes this.