Register now to get rid of these ads!

I got scammed caution. andyw383

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VANDENPLAS, Jun 22, 2012.

1. metalix_421

metalix_421

I've been selling quite a few things here lately. I don't have PayPal. Doing the M.O. Thing but to help people have reassurance i have been here for a little while and I leave the old threads up after I sell the parts. (I know I know it clogs up the forum) but I want people to know I'm honestly trying to help out with parts they need andto finish my car the

2. Friend advertised in the HAMB want ads for a Halibrand non-quickchange center section. Rare. A gent in England promptly responded with a photo of a Q/C lifted directly from the Rodsville web page. Be careful.

3. roundvalley

roundvalley

Go to community and search the members name. That will tell you alot about some of these guys.

Search is your friend and can save you alot of money!

4. i was dumb and i should have looked at post count for sure.

but like i said i have bought alot of stuff off of the hamb,all from the states and paid with canadian postal money orders.

never an issue,and a few of the guys i bought from had low post qounts like myself,as i only frequent the classifieds...everyday and i post from time to time as this site can be daunting and as a father of 2 little ones and working full time,i sometimes take a shit and need to write an i.o.u to my sphincter that i'll come back and wipe later!!!

i checked with canada post and to ship to the uk roughly 75 lbs (witch i guessed the weight of the carbs) shipping would be around 140 or so,so i figured 150 shipping and he would put 150 in his pocket,not a great deal for him but it was fast cash.

well he got my full 300 and now i have to wait to get my carbs.

funny thing is what i am most pissed about is at the same time a guy has a 6 cylinder mag for sale (that i know is a legit member and a good guy) and i passed on the mag as at this moment the carbs seemed like more of a priority.

dammit all to hell.:mad:

like i said live and learn and lets keep our collective eyes peeled if this scum ass come back.

maybe this should become a sticky at the top of the classified forum.?

as what i know see and hear from you guys is that this ass-hat just keeps coming back.

5. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

I use the following logic for payment options plus look at amount at risk as a crap shot anyway:

1) Western Union = SCAM
    2) Money Order = Maybe a SCAM but get a phone number and address and good pictures
    3) Personal Check = Probably OK but same rules as 2.
    4) PayPal = OK (but there are creative scammers using for late model high dollar items like cars or boats on CL with really good prices)
    5) Credit Card ? Alliance vendors I suppose might have the option. Had my number used for some big meals after a phone transaction many years ago but got the charges removed.

Most HAMB sellers seem to want payment via #2. Pain in the ass for me being many miles from a PO but you do what it takes if you want the part(s).

Phone and verifiable address are needed if you need to followup with a slow shipper.
    (Had a few of those).

6. bigchuckstud

bigchuckstud

there is a andy vw with a topolino for sale on the samba

7. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

Sorry dude I don't do shit through western union!! Several have tried to hit me when I placed a wanted add.. They wanted 300 sent WU i replied send me 100.00 usd then I'll send you 400.00 back never heard back I knew it was a scam from the get go... Also I always ask for certain picture shots on item just a thought next time.

8. demoman021

demoman021
    from So. Minn

some people go to college for years and spend 100 grand and dont learn a god damn thing.
    you learned quite a bit in a short time for only 300 bucks.
    sorry bro that sucks...

9. I generally only buy from people in California. Only had one hiccup years ago with a CODY REPP. Well there was a group of us that bought parts from him without recieving them. We got his address in Paso Robles. Well being the only one here in CA I advised Cody he better make good on sending our parts or I would show up on his doorstep and make life um errrr difficult to say the least. Ryan was awesome in helping along with some other Hambers nearby who knew Cody. Post count, location, what the Hambers profile reads like, and the context of posts by the Hamber is how I buy parts. IF something seems strange I get them on the phone before I send money by any means.

10. By your last post, it looks like you are thinking your'll still get the carbs?
    I dont think that'll happen. Never go near Western Union.

11. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

beware of these guys doing only transactions thru email, no phone number to contact them after you keep asking for number, also they can call you thru a operator assisted phone call which is supposed to be for people hearing impaired, they call phone company from there computers for assistance to call you, ask the operator if there calling from united states and she will tell you "based on how long it takes them to type questions or answers there not from united states and if you choose just hang up your phone" meaning the operator knows there a scammer but can not tell you there a scammer, i know this by having scammers call me 5 times in the last year after they repeatedly email me and i answer them by saying you need to call me only. there on every car web site.

12. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Here,s another twat to watch out for "jfld27 @ THE H.A.M.B." [email protected]
    Another great offer for some 34 parts
    from another prick here, [email protected]

I still have the roof and door. I do not have images but they are in
    excellent shape and condition. Asking £280 shipped for them. I will be
    shipping via dhl on a 2-3 working days delivery and shall accept
    payment via Western union or Money gram. What's your complete shipping address

13. THATS THE DOUCHE-BAG!!!!:mad:

funny now reading this post i must of had my head up my ass with a full load of shit waiting to drop to fall for this!!!!

fucking prick to keep trying the same scam on the same site over and over again.

i really do hope im the last idiot he scams from this site.

14. A tub

A tub

fuckin lowlives, preying on hard working guys on here, taking our money when all we are trying to do is fulfill our dreams to make our cars right, these people are the lowest form of life, karma will bite them in the ass, and if one of us get our hands on em our feet will be kicking em in the ass, whats with this ,it makes me so angry, sorry u had to deal with this van , my sympathies brother!
    A-tub

15. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Karma will bite his ass? I,ll bite his ass if I ever meet the shit. I,ll introduce him to my friend Big Stick.

16. bob cutler

bob cutler

Yesterday i got a email sent thru the hamb from a guy trying to sell me something had a name of robp451 i looked it up not on here, sent a email back asking his name, never answered back.

17. hotrodtim

hotrodtim

Anyone had trouble with robp451 from the UK? He was banned from the site.

18. RayMiller

RayMiller

#1 that's shit sucks brother #2 are you in the states? If so how many carbs do you need? I have a few and I'll hook you up if you pay shipping. Pm me or post on here. I hope that helps

rogpaq likes this.
  19. RayMiller

RayMiller

Ok so looked at your location and dunno what it take to send to north of the border but let me know and I'll find out and not some western union bs either

20. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Just as a heads up do not buy anything from Sonny Mac/Sonny Mac Industries/Sonny Mac Hot Rod/ Sonny Mac Hot Rod Designs. He has been in Oklahoma but i've heard hes moved to Texas. Just be aware.

21. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Says enough that he was banned.

22. fucking ass hole.

i would like this guy to get a dozen light bulbs shoved up his ass
    then a 12" dildo jammed up there good and violent like to break up the bulbs,
    then fed some laxatives so he can bleed out,
    but not to death i want him to live through this,but get a terrible infection on his insides.
    then raped by a horse with aids.
    and live.

then i would get violent.

23. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

That sucks bro...