Register now to get rid of these ads!

i got my license yesterday!-time to celebrate!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fleetmaster, Sep 19, 2004.

1. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

i did it. i passed my driver's test yesterday. i turned 16 2 weeks ago but was out of town for a football game. so, took the written last saturday and the driving yesterday. this gets me even more pumped to get my 47 on the road. i just wanted to let everyone on the HAMB know!-fleet

2. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

CONGRATULATIONS!! Don't wanna' sound old and preachy, but remember that driving is serious stuff. You can be the best driver in the world, but there are a lot of idiots out there that you have to watch for........ [​IMG]

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thats GREAT news, and one of the most exciting things to happen for a young person. Just a couple of words of wisdom. Remember driving is a privledge, not a right. Treat it as such. Absolutly no drinking and driving. Not even one beer.

Also, as you've probley already been informed, speeding and getting tickets can lead to not being able to afford insurance for your ride. Keep your wits about you at all times and your speed under control, therefore you'll be happily motoring down the road, without hassles, for years to come.

Again, congrats bud.

4. bigron

bigron

16! hell i've got hemmoroids older than that! no just kidding. congrats!

5. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

[ QUOTE ]
    16! hell i've got hemmoroids older than that!

[/ QUOTE ]

!! Now I've got to clean up my keyboard - laughed so hard - shouldn't have been drinking at the time! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

don't be on the fast track to nowhere land...

congrats

7. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

ah , to be young again.

8. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

thanks everyone-and i have already been informed of the consequences of breaking the law. my mom said that if i got a ticket she would be driving a 47 chevy to work. my dad always said the same thing about if i got a ticket for racing. he told me that the first thing he would ask when i showed him the ticket is " did you win?"-he said it was bad enough to get caught, but to lose on top of that-don't even go there-fleet

9. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Well done mate, yes it is a privelege and not a right and as we all know can be very dangerous. Geoff aka Whodaky

10. wayfarer

wayfarer

Damn, now I guess we have to get back to work on your car.

11. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats GREAT news, and one of the most exciting things to happen for a young person. Just a couple of words of wisdom. Remember driving is a privledge, not a right. Treat it as such. Absolutly no drinking and driving. Not even one beer.

Also, as you've probley already been informed, speeding and getting tickets can lead to not being able to afford insurance for your ride. Keep your wits about you at all times and your speed under control, therefore you'll be happily motoring down the road, without hassles, for years to come.

Again, congrats bud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats true. My parents tell me that everyday lol. Have been driving for a year and still hear that...JAMIE

12. Flexicoker

Flexicoker

some advice from a little different point of veiw...

You're a hotrodder, you're gonna want to drive fast. Basically, when you feel the need for speed just be careful, go fast on an empty stretch of road, no one around, and during the daytime.

Theres driving fast, and theres driving dangerously, just be careful.

13. 38pickup

38pickup

[ QUOTE ]
    some advice from a little different point of veiw...

You're a hotrodder, you're gonna want to drive fast. Basically, when you feel the need for speed just be careful, go fast on an empty stretch of road, no one around, and during the daytime.

Theres driving fast, and theres driving dangerously, just be careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats sound adivce...

And one more thing from me, you always have that extra minute making a turn at a stop light or pulling out into traffic. Its better to be cofident then judge a speed wrong and get hit. Anyways thats my little speech congrats man. [​IMG]

14. Congraulations, Fleet!

Ya know, it's not how fast ya go!......it's how good ya look getting there!

.........And NO burnouts at least till your eighteen. [​IMG]

Joel [​IMG]

15. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

[ QUOTE ]
    my mom said that if i got a ticket she would be driving a 47 chevy to work.

[/ QUOTE ]
    haha [​IMG]

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I've had my license for 44 years and I've got to tell you it's the most fun I've had with my clothes on. Not just the driving but the whole car thing, buying , building, dreaming, etc. Try to get to the end of life without hurting anyone, including yourself, with an automobile.

Frank

17. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

thanks for all the great advice!