Register now to get rid of these ads!

I got bounced?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by El'Choppahead, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El'Choppahead

El'Choppahead
    BANNED

now,. I didn't see that per 64 cut off rule,. HOW EVER!!! I'd like to point out a real shitty flaw in the moderation's reasoning here!!!!

I joined up due to seeing a fella build a similar project, thought this might be a nice site for people who actually build or hot-rod and have good to share,..

the Mod's bounced my thread build up, shame really it was a full ground up garage build with plenty to see and share in,.

here's my problem?,..

the truck I joined here to comment on is a cab getting transplanted on a 75 one ton chassis,.. it's a modern chassis swap over that IMO is less intense the what I've done (no offense to builder) using similar vintage pick up truck where as I'm using the actual diesel drive train and diff's???,..

seems to me the Mod's are favoring a select build breaking the same rules I did?

any one care to clarify this for me?

Thanks
    Chris

2. it probably has something to do with your using the diesel driveline.... but watdaiknow

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I'd agree. They both dont sound like what this place is about. Sometimes the mods make exceptions for members...until someone joins and gets mad and points it out and then both get deleted. So thanks!

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seems this ^^^^ answers all your questions. Probably best that you send a PM to Ryan or Metalshapes to clarify for you.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't really know what to clarify. This is a hot rod and custom forum... Not a truck forum?

In any case, really cool truck. We just don't cover that kind of thing here.

Thanks,

Ryan

6. El'Choppahead

El'Choppahead
    BANNED

OK?,. to clarify Ryan?,. you don't cover "that kind of thing",. so?..

I need to uniform up and get a 32 ford, drop a small chevy in it paint it red and flame it to FIT IN HERE?,. you just said it's a "HOT ROD & CUSTOM FORUM"???,.. I believe I've HOT-RODDED & CUSTOMIZED the shit out of a vehicle DID I NOT?,. to boot I had to do MORE then most due to a lack of ANYTHING ready made,. like a 4-link for a diesel?, a dropped frame, chopped cab?, OH I COULD GO ON?

I'm a bit put out by the fact I have to fall in line all of the sudden to enjoy your projects as much as some one may find mine of interest?, I mean is that not a satisfactory criteria for like minded gear heads to follow with? so it's not a 29 Dodge rat rod with a early Hemi?, or a Studabaker bullit nose gasser class??,. why does IT need to follow a rule set like that?, sure I can see you not wanting the type of croud at YELLOW BULLIT.COM full of Guido's and five-oh's and 5th gen camaros getting into dick dragging contests?, hell that's why I chose to come here, PEOPLE BUILD SHIT!!

and DREADDYBEAR? says "They Both Don't Sound Like What This Place Is About".???

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME THEN?,... I do believe the work Hokey Ass refers to low buck do it your self non-billit bardge trailer queen enthusiasts that have a love for not only the outcome of a great build, but the build and person behind it as well?, NO?!

what ever folks, if the consences is to pass on by due to my originality then so be it,.

I really apreciate the good folks that did get a brief look at my CHOP-ROD and enjoyed it, I'll show up some where else with it I'm sure, sorry this is such a stick in your craw not fufilling your silly assumed rule book of typical hot-rodding ethincs!

it's a sad day when modern day hot rodding has to have a tradition to be legit, I bet if Alex Xydias was told he had to conform back in the day?,. all of this what is would be a Nasi conformist army of shit head Camaro owners.

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think maybe you are taking this a little too seriously? We cover traditional hot rods and customs here. It's an editorial decision, not a personal one. We don't think you suck nor do we think you are not "legit." We just like to keep things focused here. That's all...

We do, in fact, have a forum for more contemporary builds. www.dogfightmag.com

And absolutely, if this forum isn't your thing - pass it on by. No hard feelings at all.

8. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I am the Mod who deleted your thread.
    Yes,.a real neat truck, but it does not follow the parameters of this site.
    I do not know what other thread your referring too. But as Ryan has stated,real neat build,.. we just don't cover that here.

Jeff

9. El'Choppahead

El'Choppahead
    BANNED

Dog Fight?????..... how the hell does a hot-rod truck fit into a forum of formula one vintage and muscle car genera?..

the other thread?,... I refer to?,. if you can't put two an two together?,. then I'd expect to be treated this way WOW!

"we just don't cover that here"... no you cover that type of build, it just isn't a Hudson Terraplane reframed on to a fifth gen camaro?,. kind of what that other thread is sneaking by with?

HYPOCRITES!

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

If your not happy here...this place is not for you.

11. metalshapes

metalshapes

If there is aready a Truck like yours on the HAMB, thats enough.

We dont want to fill it with Rat Rod Diesels.

If that makes us hyprocrites, we are OK with that...

12. El'Choppahead

El'Choppahead
    BANNED

well tell me?,. how would one be happy?...

I've put in the wrench time, I joined a community that is for people avoiding billet stores like the plague and I've done everything as traditionally as I could to Hot Rod up a vehicle to enjoy...

... only to be told I didn't choose the right brand or size or year of vehicle to execute my skill set upon?,. to boot there's a build of lesser qualifications as mine with a similar goal has it's own thread and I'm being asked if I'm not happy here???

am I missing something here?,... is your Hockey Helmet feel a bit tight?

13. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

A man has a shop.
    You walk in one day un-announced, you are welcomed.
    You may even come back a time or two, make some friends and get to know how things run around this particular establishment.
    You may after a time even be accepted as a buddy who is welcome and who's opinion is respected.

What you don't do is at the first sign of disagreement start telling the owner what he is doing wrong.

A good lesson in life, not just on this forum.

Just my two cents.

14. Once again I feel like apologizing on behalf of my country. Geez......

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We don't really do the internet drama thing here man. For right or wrong, we don't cover semi-truck hot rods here. Sorry to dissapoint.

16. El'Choppahead

El'Choppahead
    BANNED

oh I see,.. A' it's NOT A RAT ROD!,.

and B' just what unique piece did you bring to the table that gives you superiority over another?

and I'll say it once more,. the one build like mine?,. is not like mine really,. no offense to the builder, seems like a nice guy, but his is a cab like mine thrust on to a 70-80's one ton chevy chassis motor and all,. NOTHING NEAR WHAT I'VE CONSTRUCTED!!!!

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't know of any other threads about this... We miss stuff on occasion. We didn't, however, miss yours. It's off topic and not something we cover here.

Again, sorry.

18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

am I missing something here?,... is your Hockey Helmet feel a bit tight?[/QUOTE]

Nope.. but yours is....
    thanks for coming out.

19. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

And this people is how you get banned. I'm amazed at the patience of the mods till now......

20. I was wondering how long that would take
    Banned

Someone should link this to the " how do I get banned" thread.

Now if both Jeff and Ryan said it was a neat build, that's a real compliment. I bet this guy is quite capable and probably had lots to offer. Too bad such a bad attitude.

21. metalshapes

metalshapes

I think this is a good time to clear up something.

Please, build your car any way you like it.

I own cars that are Off Topic for the HAMB too...

All we ask is, that if people post on the HAMB that they keep those posts Relevant and On Topic.

The HAMB concentrates on Traditional Hot Rods and Traditional Customs.

22. You mod guys are way more patient than I ever imagined:D

23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I was just clamoring on and on about how badly I want to own a Porsche 911 some day. I currently own a Mercedes C32 AMG. I have had a lifelong passion for both Corvettes and Ferraris. I love road racing.

Hell, I just love cars. Pretty much all cars.

However, at the end of the day this site is based on and dedicated to traditional hot rods and customs.

It's pretty simple really.

And patience? Ya'll haven't seen anything man... You see some of the shit I eat with a smile. All part of the job - putting yourself in someone else's shoes.

24. yall did an excellent job with the people skills , even a blind man could see where this was going , well with the exception of the banished!

25. I'm just that guy, hanging around in the corner of your shop. I didn't say anything, I just kept quiet and watched. Wow, would anyone else like a beer? Want me to lock the door?

26. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

im surprised this thread got this far ? patience like a boss

27. pumpman

pumpman

Man! Compliments to the boss and all the Mods for handling this waaaaaaaaay better then I would have.

28. 1954Bill

1954Bill
    from Long Beach

x2 !!!!

29. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Sometimes I don,t know how you guys do it.
    But I,m glad you do.

30. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

What a bunch of crap! I'm sure he would have gotton on everyones nerves in no time at all. He got under my skin just reading this crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.