Register now to get rid of these ads!

I got another Henry J..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plodge55aqua, Sep 29, 2012.

1. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

:D
    [​IMG]
    :p

odometer reads 40,000 ,, Original paint as well..

[​IMG]

2. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

3. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Thanks.. I ended up selling my 51 last Christmas do to a Job Loss..

4. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

ouch.. but YOUR BACK ....yea....

5. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Congrats. It's a great start. I have two now. 52 and 53. I'm digging the non Kaiser heater and radio. I had a radio that was an Allstate that looked kind of like that a few years ago. Looks to be the base model no stainless on the windshield or back window, dog dish hub caps no deluxe on fender and non OD. Or can't see it if they changed where it was. 4 banger? they get good gas mileage fyi 26-30mpg. Seats can have that fabric re installed back into it. SMS has the cloth or atleast did. Whats your plan? The parts you take off if you are doing a gasser save them and sell.

PS I have a book called automoblie quarterly vol9 no8 with your 1955 Willys hardtop-wagon model in it I can scan it if you want. it's a rear quarter shot in b&w

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  6. Nice play! Didn't get to see your old one but this one looks tidy! What are the plans for it, will I see you cruising it around next summer?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Thanks... I dont think it will be a gasser style.. I like what every one has done as far as making a gasser though.. Im thinking more along the lines of a 283 or 327 , power glide.. Just something mild with what I can afford for now..

the heater is from what I see not original.. I do have a original one though from the 51.. the radio would get punted.. 6 volt stuff..

Mr Dickles.. Please do.. I havent done much to the Concept wagon.. Trying to catch up on lost time from that year off of work..

Hi James.. It might be a runner for next year.. will see how the finances go.. I just figured if I didnt scoop the car now.. I might not of had the opportunity later.. :)

8. Parked right behind you at High River last weekend. Looked around for you to introduce myself, but didn't see you all day.

Are we going to see an alter ego I.D. here on the HAMB would it be HenJayBlk51?

That is a great find. Is there a story to its discovery and arrival? How did it stay in such pristine condition all these years?

Would love to hear "The rest of the story".

9. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

High River was a Blast.. we were out walking the streets and the park looking at all the cars.. Nice weather too.. Sorry I missed you.. it would of been nice to meet up with another HAMB Member.

Cochrane on Sunday.. weather permitting I guess.. its that time of year.. anything can happen..

from my under standing with this car.. it was last registered in 1963.. and in storage for approx 40 years.. I do like that I.D.. alter ego.. Thats good..:D

There are aging spots on the car.. they get dealt with in do time.. and it will stay Black..:)

10. Congrats, kinda looks like something from Thunder Road the way it sits. Is that the same car that Big A posted ?

11. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

there was one like that on craigslist last year.. it looked like a nice one.. is that a local car or did you get it somewhere else

12. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Yes.. its the Same car.. I just aquired it late last week.. Big A.. how long did you have this for?

13. oldgas

oldgas
    from alberta

Hey plodge,seen pictures on your old henry j ,and recognized it as the one I currently own.Do you have any info on it?

14. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Hi Oldgas..Did you end Up with the 51? The other 51 or the 52? :)

15. Wow, that one looks pretty nice!
    Good score!
    Not sure how I missed this thread, but I'll follow it now.

16. HalfEvil333

HalfEvil333

I love henry j's, I myself have a super rare 51 with a functioning trunklid that i plan on building a gasser out of very soon.

17. oldgas

oldgas
    from alberta

Got the 51 on the s-10 frame,been collecting vintage gasser parts for a couple of years so going to start the build this winter.Do you still have the original frame?

18. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

No.. The Frame is Long gone.. How ever.. There is a guy in Lethbridge that has 4 or so Js.. I believe he did a s10 swap on one.. He may have a frame..

19. oldgas

oldgas
    from alberta

If you have any info to get a hold of him,It would be greatly appreciated.