Register now to get rid of these ads!

I got a new 34 Coupe, some say its perfect some say its not, what do you say ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Legendary Lars, Apr 22, 2010.

1. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

just clean up the fron end from the cowel forward...something is not jiving but the rest of it is bad ass...any interior shots?

2. edweird

edweird

lower the front and lose the pipes. thats all it needs.

3. brad chevy

brad chevy

lose the exhaust,paint the wheels black,put the center cap on front wheels,paint the radiator shell same color as body,some nice chrome hedders,and maybe lower headlights alittle, and like everone else said the fuel lines,that is a damn nice car .

4. Paul

Paul
    Editor

tons of potential, great score

5. raceratrod

raceratrod

I like the car ,just ditch the fish tails and clean up the wires and fuel lines.The paint is perfect for the car and look.

6. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Ram Horns for sure. The headlights are pretty high on the front end (goofy and crooked), they would look better LOW and up front.
    [​IMG]

7. kookee

kookee

Cut the exhause at the bottom of the body ( I even like their position). That is it.

8. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

YOU DAMN RIGHT IT IS PERFECT! That is absolutely one bitchen "34"! No joke man, that car is seriously bad ass!

9. dmw56

dmw56

Ditto. Otherwise very Kool!

10. the-rodster

the-rodster

Very cool, I'd drive the piss out of it...

but since you asked.....

I'd have to do something with that front suspension. There's some funky stuff going on there, check the angle of the shackles, and it's too high up front.The bones are 40 style which pushes the front axle back a couple of inches in relation to the crossmember, not cool as far as looks go.

Cut the spring hangers, get some model a springs, mount the spring to the bones. this will drop the front a couple of inches, and position the axle more foreward.

Rich

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  11. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I'd change the front axle and spring back to the 34 style, and get rid of the 37-41 setup on it now. Congrats! Great score!

12. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Here are a couple from the inside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before I do anything to the car I want to know more of the history of it who built it when stuff was added to it, But for sure the front end needs help.

13. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

x 2 on what ss34 said that axle needs to go a good dropped axle would bring that front end down where it belongs ....IMHO...........

14. Blacksmith54

Blacksmith54
    from Phoenix AZ

Personally I don't like Condition Hopeless Entire Vehicale Relies On Left Over Engine Technoligy engines but I do like the time capsule look of the car I would replace the clear fuel line with new clear lines and keep some around replace them like once a year or so and just drive it, fix and replace, what you find wrong as you go along, like any good rodder would do. And yes I am jellous also.:cool:

15. It's all in the little details. Thats after you fix the big ones!

16. gerrald meacham

gerrald meacham

make it your new car ,not someone old car enjoy it , keep it running

17. Only because you asked..I'd install a complete new exhaust system, chrome the grill, re-mount grille, removing angle iron, position head lights evenly, detail engine, firewall, etc. Then drive it, getting familar with it, with the long term goal of paint (your color choice-matching the period interior). Nice score, I'm envious.

18. 562roadster

562roadster

Lose the motorcycle fishtails, and get some 16" steelies on some whitewalls. It'll look bitchin'

19. Drive Em

Drive Em

.....in other words, do like most people say and make it look like everyone else's car, 'cuz you want to be different, right?

20. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

I love it how is it!! drive it for awhile at least. Or sell it to me haha.

21. I think it's pretty rad. I want a '34 coupe so bad I can taste it!

22. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Yep, with the rest, but cool score. Must be 1 helluva block under that front x-member.

23. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

The only thing you HAVE to do is lose the pipes. Once you do that the rest is subjective... :cool:

24. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

It's pretty far from perfect, but I wouldn't kick it outta bed for eating crackers! :D

Great score, just needs some de-ratrodding.

25. this is the car from Motorcars of Hollywood, sold by Sid Blitz... I have the whole story on this car... its shame too it was perfect before they "updated it"...

The true story is this belonged to a lady in the central valley who had it in her garage since 69. It belonged to her son who was killed in Vietnam. A rich fuck from Beverly Hills bought it, and wated a rat rod! hence the exhaust, the small block, the new pinstripped frame that doesnt go with the patina, the wheels tires and upholstry. This car was a fucking dream when they pulled it from the ladies garage with the perfect patina, faded seat, and flathead...

Anyways they thought it was worth more like this so they made it, and put a 30,000 dollar price tag on it and parked it out front with their aston martins in hollywood.

dont get my wrong it is a cool car, and perhaps now its in better hands, but they took an amazing find, and tried to give ot a bigger price tag by making it into what those photos show. Overall its still a bad ass car. I wanted it when i saw it.

26. PS the flathead they took out and threw away was a mercury flathead, hence, "The Mercury Kid" on the side.

27. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

The one thing that jumped out on me was the front spring! It is to long :rolleyes:
    other then that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

28. TRuss

TRuss

Nothing to add. All of the general things mentioned should make this a real head turner. Just remember how important attention to detail is and you'll be fine.

29. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Now thats a shame cuzz I love flattys wonder if they still have it :)
    Thanks so much would love to see a picture before it was worked on.
    I really appreciate the info, that helps in my decision on what I want to do to it.

30. Deathtrap Kustoms

Deathtrap Kustoms

Lose the SBC. Anything but a SBC!!!!