Register now to get rid of these ads!

I found a started '49 on ebay. Sweet!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LaGrasta, Jul 23, 2003.

1. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

La Gasta, I had a conversation with the guy the other night. He wants $7000.00 for the car. Thats not a bad deal for that much work. Get him to send you some more pictures if your interested. TP

2. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

The car has some nice lines to it.

$7K is a big chunk, but looks like it has a bazzilion hours of meatl work in it.

From what you can tell from the pix - it seems like he knew what he was doing. Still, I worry about taking over someone's fatal flaw.

It does look like he sectioned down the center of the roof though and got a big dip in it - check the light reflection in this photo:

3. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Man that does look like a 'crease'...The car has a killer look to it but that is a chunk of change!..I've seen worst chop jobs.......Dirty

4. man i wouldent pay 7 k for that get a running beater and chop it yourself or ill chop it for u im near san francisco and he did a bad job piecing that roof together he split it so the roof was th e same with as the body instead of it eing narrow it would be east to ix it cut the roof back open and pry it up put some sheet metal under it and start tacking

5. FEDER

FEDER

Im with Cleatus. Yea 7K is alot but at 25.00 bucks an hr thats 280 hrs.Find a guy that is good to work that cheap is pretty unlikley.I would be willing to say Hes got like 4 to 5 hundred hrs in the project already. Doesnt seem so expensive lookin at it that way.An experienced metal man or bondo slinger could straighten it out. When finished that will be one cool lookin sled.---Feder

6. A Cool line it has -[but a shame] that THAT roof wouldn't have needed to be cut at all between the rear glass and the windshield.....I like the section/channel "tail down"look tho

7. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

Wow, that's cool as hell. Close too - Now if I didn't have three other projects and a full garage. An no money. [​IMG]