Register now to get rid of these ads!

I finally have a garage!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pjbjr413, May 13, 2010.

1. pjbjr413

pjbjr413

The wife and I just purchased our first house, and it has a garage!! This means that the '52 Chevy sports coupe I have been collecting parts for can be finished. I drove it for a couple months before the I realized the 216 just wasn't going to cut it. In the two years it has been apart I have collected a 350 for the right price, FREE,....Thanks Dad, I drove the '69 Camaro it came out, it was plenty healthy, got a Turbo 350 trans out of wrecked Chevy truck, not quite free, but close, bought a new radiator, wiring harness, engine mounts, a new master cylinder(upgrading to a dual resivior master cylinder and power brakes) and a Walton Fabrication transmission crossmember as well, just picked up an Edelbrock dual quad set up, complete with carbs and linkage, did some trading and ended up with a set of wide whites for it too. Now I'm pretty close to having everything I need to get it done,just need to get some disc brakes for the front and a frontend rebuild kit for the front and I should be about done with the major parts I need or want. Luckily, I have a wife that has been bugging me to finish the car and not bugging me to sell it. So I guess I need to get away from the computer and start working.

2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Excellent. Good luck with the Chevy, and have fun in your new man-cave. Congratulations to both you and your wife on your new house.

3. THE SURGEON

THE SURGEON

sounds like things are going your way, now the fun can begin!!!

4. bikersteve

bikersteve

....now is when the fun begins........Congrats!

5. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

CONGRATULATIONS...on the purchase of your home!

6. it feels nice doesn't it?

7. Moondog13

Moondog13

Congrats on the new garage! I just got my first one this year too! 19x9.7, small, but it beats the hot asphalt!!! :D

8. hvychvy

hvychvy

Kool,keep us posted!!

9. Chuck R

Chuck R

The American Dream. Congratulations.
    cheers
    chuck

10. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

Congrats, sounds sweet.

BTW, trade ya some hard ice for the hot asphalt anytime!

11. robleticia

robleticia

Just finished building my house and my project is finally in a garage too! It sure is nice being able to actually work on it without laying in the dirt! Enjoy your new garage!

[​IMG]

12. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

13. big creep

big creep

congrats on the house! one day i will have a home of my very own! it must feel great to pull up to your house, and know thats my garage! thats my driveway! well at least till you pay the bank off! keep us posted on that beautiful ride!

14. long island vic

long island vic

now hurry up and fill it with junk till you cant see the car

15. Chuck R

Chuck R

Good point. You need to build a shed out back so your garage doesn't become a storage area. The garage is not for mowers, christmas lights, old baseball card collections ect. Cars and tools only. If you start that way you will be happier.
    chuck